Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Funniest thing I've read lately

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Quote:
Russian man survives five storey fall - twice

A Russian man survived after downing three bottles of vodka and leaping from a fifth floor balcony - twice.

Alexei Roskov says he jumped the second time because he couldn't take his wife's nagging about the first time.

Wife Yekaterina had watched in horror as her drunken hubsand opened the kitchen window of their Moscow apartment, and hurled himself out.

Astonishingly Mr Roskov, 22, survived and managed to stagger back upstairs with barely a scratch after the 50ft fall.

But while his wife called for an ambulance and began to scold him, he jumped again.

Amazed medics treated Mr Roskov for minor cuts and bruises before releasing him.

Mr Roskov says he is now teetotal after giving up drinking, and added: "Now I can say just one thing - I was very lucky.

"I have no idea why I jumped the first time but when I came back up and I heard my wife screaming angrily at me I thought it was best if I left the room again - out of the window."

cavemangrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Funniest thing I've read lately

Quote:
"I have no idea why I jumped the first time but when I came back up and I heard my wife screaming angrily at me I thought it was best if I left the room again - out of the window."
Gotta love it.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Wizard of Wires

The Lord must love to be entertained by the antics of drunks. Could explain why He made so many of them...
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
The Lord must love to be entertained by the antics of drunks. Could explain why He made so many of them...
How true. He must love it. Who can't? LOL.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

What... The.. Hell... Well I suppose if you made it the first try "whose up for round two?".. What the heck was on this guys mind I wonder. besides the nagging of his obviously loving wife...
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
What... The.. Hell... Well I suppose if you made it the first try "whose up for round two?".. What the heck was on this guys mind I wonder. besides the nagging of his obviously loving wife...
Sounds like the tiger Diego from Ice Age when they are going through the big ice race. LOL.

And ahh yes, the nagging of a loving wife. That's the thing I missed about my first GF. She never got mad at me once about anything the 9 months we dated. And she still hasn't gotten mad at me the 4 months we've been talking as best friends since we broke up. LOL.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
Sounds like the tiger Diego from Ice Age when they are going through the big ice race. LOL.

And ahh yes, the nagging of a loving wife. That's the thing I missed about my first GF. She never got mad at me once about anything the 9 months we dated. And she still hasn't gotten mad at me the 4 months we've been talking as best friends since we broke up. LOL.
Little off topic but I'm curious.. Why did you break up?
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampist View Post
Little off topic but I'm curious.. Why did you break up?
I don't know really. Her life was just hectic and I sorta thought she might be cheating me. And it was driving us apart. She dances professionally and she didn't know what she wanted to do with college after her senior year. So yeah, just stress on both of our ends. We still have feelings for each other, but we wanted a break. We still talk plenty though. We might start dating again though.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
I don't know really. Her life was just hectic and I sorta thought she might be cheating me. And it was driving us apart. She dances professionally and she didn't know what she wanted to do with college after her senior year. So yeah, just stress on both of our ends. We still have feelings for each other, but we wanted a break. We still talk plenty though. We might start dating again though.
She cheated on you. Multiple times.

Trust me.

Multiple.
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
She cheated on you. Multiple times.

Trust me.

Multiple.