Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Funniest thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Surely the techies among us realise there is a very easy way to get a bomb onboard at least in Britain now.....a laptop over here laptops can now be taken on flights, how does that get a bomb on board you ask?, the laptop IS the bomb, they can't X ray them, it would wipe the HD, right?, & in a large laptop there'd be plenty of room to pack today's sophisticated high explosives, any flaws in this theory?
They can x-ray laptops, they x-rayed mine

However due to their design it's hard to see whats inside them.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #22
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

They can scan it. If I can't bring my laptop on a plane then I believe the terrioist has won.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

lets ask joxley when he comes back
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to ♂ăR┼▀▀ « Send a message via MSN to ♂ăR┼▀▀ « Send a message via Yahoo to ♂ăR┼▀▀ «

Quote:
No, I don't know what you mean, & what's this, "in the eyes of a bombist" another so-called joke? you're taking this all too flippantly, how old are you, 12, 13? some members are genuinely scared to fly, one more "joke", & you'll be taking an unexpected break from CF, that's a promise, not a threat.

Reply to this A.S.A.P. as soon as you come on line.

When he said Good idea in the eyes a a terrist he meens just that.

If a terrist was to read brookfields idea he would say to himself. "Good Idea" That is what he was saying.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Copperhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby...
When he said Good idea in the eyes a a terrist he meens just that.

If a terrist was to read brookfields idea he would say to himself. "Good Idea" That is what he was saying.
correct

Quote:
No, I don't know what you mean, & what's this, "in the eyes of a bombist" another so-called joke? you're taking this all too flippantly, how old are you, 12, 13? some members are genuinely scared to fly, one more "joke", & you'll be taking an unexpected break from CF, that's a promise, not a threat.

Reply to this A.S.A.P. as soon as you come on line.

if i were a terrorist it would be a good idea
the title is funniest thing ever...forgot to take it seriously
dont take this post as a joke
Old 08-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Much simpler than that, powerful solid explosives could be used, as the laptop wouldn't be scanned, the battery would power the explosives, linked to an internal timing device.

I'm sorry if this alarms people, but I feel that this has to be investigated, anyone know an email address that this could be relayed to?
you dont need a powerful bomb in an aircraft.. you realise just how thin the walls of the plane actually are? next week i go to the factory where they manufacture airbus planes, it would be so easy to create a small explosion in one, all it needs is for the outer shell to be breached, and the plane is history.. liquid explosives, solid explosives, they would be very easy to conceal and get aboard..

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #27
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Copperhead

i dont think this bomb thing is anything to worry about. the reason i say this is because i don't think it's very common for someone to want to just blow up a plane (with themselves in it) for no reason. it would just be a plane in the sky and nothing would really happen (like how 9/11 happened) they had an objective and in that case they wouldn't need bombs. i think that if a terrorist really wanted to do something they would need things like knives or guns, which is nearly impossible to get on a plane.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #28
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Surely the techies among us realise there is a very easy way to get a bomb onboard at least in Britain now.....a laptop over here laptops can now be taken on flights, how does that get a bomb on board you ask?, the laptop IS the bomb, they can't X ray them, it would wipe the HD, right?, & in a large laptop there'd be plenty of room to pack today's sophisticated high explosives, any flaws in this theory?
uhh... data on a hard drive is basically a bunch of gouges on a platter/disc.. scanning it with X-Ray will not affect that.. just the needles inside the hard drive would... where did you get that theory?
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner
uhh... data on a hard drive is basically a bunch of gouges on a platter/disc.. scanning it with X-Ray will not affect that.. just the needles inside the hard drive would... where did you get that theory?

It's a bunch of metal switches actually.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:36 AM   #30
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
correct
Not correct.

Quote:
If i were a terrorist it would be a good idea
the title is funniest thing ever...forgot to take it seriously
dont take this post as a joke