Fuel Prices

I have to drive about 5 miles there and back to school every day, plus other trips into town... And apparently something is wrong with my truck... My friend says its running way to rich, so I guess once I fix that, my mpg will go up a bit from 16 with only a v6. I bet American Sensai gets that with his v8...

Your damn close. On a good day 19, Typically I'm averaging around 16-17MPG.. I would definately get your air/fuel mixture fixed ASAP. You will notice a huge increase in gase mileage. I love these newer vehicles with their computers. If you run cheap gas, The engine automatically detunes itself to the cheap stuff. Run the good shit, The truck tunes it self to run better and give more performance. Air/Fuel mixtures off, No worries, Computers got you covered........BUT......Don't ask me how to fix any of that crap when it goes out on you.

lol, yeah. Mine is newer, 96, FI and everything, but something is just messed up. Might be my O2 sensors, idk. I hope I get better performance when its fixed too.
What kind of truck do you have?

$3.49 here in NW PA.....yeah, I'm feeling it in the checkbook. I'm not sure what kind of gas mileage my car gets, it's not terrible though, I have the 3100 V6 in my 97 Chevy Lumina.

Oh, yeah those are nice. I dont know a whole lot about chevy motors, but I know its around 5.6Lish, just a random guess, but thats 1.6L bigger than mine and 2 more cylinders. So I should be getting better gas mileage, but w/e. I'm not really getting much better mileage than anyone with a 4.0 on the ranger forum. This summer I am hoping to have it tuned by someone and get a mileage setting along with a performance/sport setting.

We just have to get used to paying through the nose for gas, my opinion is that gas will never be cheap again so we should just get used to it. There's nothing we can do.

I remember the days of .90cents
Lol I remember when gas was .87 cents a gallon in Georgia when I was 8 (1998).

Right now where I live gas has been around $3.00 but this past week it's jumped to $3.20, more is some places less in others..haha the store where I get all my gas is around 3.20 which really isn't bad for being a little country store 20 miles from any town:p

I'm dreading this coming summer...all but 2 of our tractors are old as dirt and they all run on diesel (tractors, especially old ones = poor fuel economy) which will make cutting/bailing hay for the winter alot more expensive. Fuel prices are getting to be a problem here. After Agriculture the next big thing is the logging industry, logging crews and especially truckers are taking big losses. They have always treaded a fine line between profit and debt but the fuel prices are running alot out of business. That and the fact that Georgia Pacific closed their mill in Talladega recently due to the demand for timber steadily falling and the economic troubles of this country is getting alot of folks around here worried:(

-=|Edit|=-

bio deisel? they just built a plant in a town near mine. (also happens to be where nirvana started).
http://www.jhkelly.com/about/061027.html

Biodiesel sounds good but it really isn't practical...it takes 11 acres of corn to supply one car with fuel for a year. The Bureau of Transportation Statistics said that in 2005 there were 250 million registered vehicles in the United States. That would be 2.75 billion acres of corn just to keep U.S. vehicles running, and that is without taking into account that a semi truck would take even more acres to run. You'd have to clear so much land to put into farming, it's not just a matter of cutting down trees and planting. But all the work you have to put into the soil before planting. Subsoiling, plowing, planting, disking and adding the nutrients to even grow corn. Then you get into stuff like blights and diseases taking a percentage of the crop and with these record drought this country is having you have to think about a method of irrigation of the crop because sometimes crops fail.

It wouldn't be a miracle .25 a gallon kind of thing, You'd still end up paying at the pump for all the cost involved with growing the crop, the seed, fuel, labor, parts and the equipment involved in refining it. It would defiantly be better than what we pay now..even if it could just make up a small percentage of our fuel consumption and just help alleviative our dependence on oil that would be a big plus.

Of course corn isn't the only source for Ethanol..prarie switch grasses have alot hight YPA (Yield Per Acre) than corn. Then theres stuff like Soybeans and even wood chips you could get ethanol from.

Back
Top Bottom