Friendly fire again

afganastain is much safer than iraq, there are so few of fighters in afganastain that they probably only double the UN forces there. also troop conditions are fairly good IMO, we live in luxury over here so no food for a good 8 hours seems like a lot but for them its a short time between meals, people have been constantly engaged in firefights for upwards of 2 days.

even if there was time to sleep soilders never really get "real" sleep when there depolyed. but its fairly rare to run into a firefight in afganastain.

the main reason it looks like all this "carnage" is taking place is becuase the only time something is reported is when something bad happens, never when nothing goes on, which is good ;)
The first six words are utter cr*p, read my previous post, No 7

I disagree, just because a few people have died in Afghanistan in the past day does not by any means imply that Afghanistan is not safer or more dangerous than Iraq. More have died in Iraq since 2003 than Afghanistan since 2001 due to the nature of the combat and of the enemies our army is facing, Afghanistan does not appear to have the same level of guerrilla warfare or insurgency as we have seen in Iraq.

I have every faith in the British Army, my nephew is wanting to join and I wish him all the best in doing so and I am extremely proud of him.

ive talked to a person who has been in both afan and iraq, i asked where would he rather be, he said afgan because the people there are much nicer, and less chance of becoming under attack. and why would you edit out crap, its not that bad of a word, and in war, there is never any "safe zones" or places where you can just take a break, your always under "attack"...by fear.

The first six words are utter cr*p, read my previous post, No 7

I would have to agree with Rudster honestly. Our troops are much better trained for, and equiped for moutian fighting than they are urban fighting. While 8 hours with out meals or breaks may seem like a living hell for us civilians, for soldiers that is heaven. They knew what it would be like when they elisted, and they welcomed it.

But if was truly as bad as it was, more people would have died in Afghanistan than they have. By saying slaughtered daily, then what roughly 365 days x5.75 years = 2099 dead UK soldiers by now assuming One dies every day. The report said what, 73 dead? They are not being slaughetered.

You also forget in Afganistan 95% of the people who live there want our help and are willing to help fight along side us to free themselves. I don't see that in Iraq.

I would have to agree with Rudster honestly. Our troops are much better trained for, and equiped for moutian fighting than they are urban fighting. While 8 hours without meals or breaks may seem like a living hell for us civilians, for soldiers that is heaven. They knew what it would be like when they enlisted, and they welcomed it.

But if was truly as bad as it was, more people would have died in Afghanistan than they have. By saying slaughtered daily, then what roughly 365 days x5.75 years = 2099 dead UK soldiers by now assuming One dies every day. The report said what, 73 dead? They are not being slaughtered.

You also forget in Afganistan 95% of the people who live there want our help and are willing to help fight along side us to free themselves. I don't see that in Iraq.
I don't agree, OK they're not being slaughtered in the real sense of the term, but look at it this way, they are hugely outnumbered, I don't know the figures for how many Brits are there, but no matter, because no matter how many, I'm willing to wager that the Taleban outnumber them by a factor of ten, ie our boys, say, 3000, Taleban 30,000, not there at any moment, but, as soon as some of them are killed, they are replaced by recruits who've been trained in camps just over the border, it's a fight they can't possibly win, it's a war totally unlike the other, allied forces won WW2, because Hitler's forces weren't limitless, the nearest to the Taleban were the Japanese, they had a vast army, as soon as they were cut down, more & more replaced them, the only two reasons we were able to win were Hiroshima & Nagasaki, as for 8 hours a day being heaven, ask them, there is a vast difference in that & office work, they are on duty, fighting fierce gun battles every single day, there isn't a human alive that can stand that pressure for ever, as brave as they undoubtably are.

as for 8 hours a day being heaven, ask them, there is a vast difference in that & office work, they are on duty, fighting fierce gun battles every single day, there isn't a human alive that can stand that pressure for ever, as brave as they undoubtably are.

I have. My uncle talked about the constant 12+ hour days on patrol in Iraq. Compared to that, the fighters if Afghanistan have it easy.

Yeah and theese guys are not just your normal every day guys . They train hard for this . They dont just give em a gun and send them out .I am sure 8 hours a day isnt ideal but they have trained for this . If they couldnt handle it then why join the army . Everyone knows its a risky business and at times can be more than demending

when you join the military you know what your going to go threw, heck im 14 and i almost pretty much know exactly what its going to be like, because i want to join when i grow up(not to far off :)) im still going to do my best in HS to keep my options open though.

also most of the troops deployed to afganastain are special forcecs, they know whats up, and know the risks, they had a choice but they chose the path less traveled and decided to challenge all things human ;)

my fault it white screened so i pressed refresh and it took ages to load then posted again

when you join the military you know what your going to go threw, heck im 14 and i almost pretty much know exactly what its going to be like, because i want to join when i grow up(not to far off :)) im still going to do my best in HS to keep my options open though.

also most of the troops deployed to afganastain are special forcecs, they know whats up, and know the risks, they had a choice but they chose the path less traveled and decided to challenge all things human ;)

Yeah thats it the troops prepare for this both physically and psychologically
They dont just get a gun and their equipment and sent off , they carry out countless training excercises and preperations before the real thing and they know it isnt exactly going to be an easy job . It isnt a game of capture the flag in their local park man this is some serious business and they are prepared for the worst .
Tbh war is a risky business weather you are fighting 1 hour a day or 8 hours a day . In war people get killed thats a fact of life and I just hope when all this fighting is over the outcome is worth the lives lost on both sides otherwise what was the point in all the bloodshed

Back
Top Bottom