Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Fridge Your PC?

How about putting your computer in a tank of mineral oil, and then putting the tank in the fridge...? Might cool down then, and I'm guessing you won't get any condensation on the parts...

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

yes, the parts would be at risk because the water in the air is not de-ionized, so there are conductive particles in it that conduct. when that gets on the parts, it will short them out.

I'd like to say that if you de-ionized the air, then you wouldn't have to worry about the condensation, but thats a whole project unto itself.

AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:46 AM   #13
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Okay the big problem with this is fridges and freezers are not designed to *keep cooling things*

Whens the last time you put something in your fridge that constantly produces heat?

When you place food in the fridge even if its hot the fridge will cool it down but the food doesn't try and warm itself back up.

With a computer your constantly producing heat. Which means the fridge/freezer's motor would be constantly running to keep it to the temp you select. There not designed to be run constantly. If you want to figure out how long your fridge will last simply open the door as thats the same effect as running a PC inside.

How long do you think the fridge can run with a open door? My guess maybe a few days tops. Thats why a fridge is sealed around to keep the cold in and the warm out.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote