Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Free WoW on free servers?

So I have a friend who plays WoW, well actually a couple. So I thought what the heck I'll give it a shot, I download the 10 day trial crap, and it is decent. I wouldn't want to pay 15 a month for it, but I could see myself playing it after my trial runs out...so what am I to do? I have heard from my friends you can play on free servers and not have to play. But he tells me they are crappy like you are automatically level 80 and have all this gold and full gear and crap, I don't want that. I would like to just work my way up from level 1 and make it a natural game progression instead of that crap.

So my question, are there any free servers out there that are exactly if not extremely close to the pay servers? And if so, what would I have to do to get on them? Just buy the game I guess and do some in game options or what not to get gaming on the free servers? Any WoW buffs want to fill me in?

i want a laptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy
Default Re: Free WoW on free servers?

Yep, there are free servers. These are called "private servers" and quite a bit exist. Take a look at this list: http://www.xtremetop100.com/world-of-warcraft

This is the server I play on: http://www.wowbeez.com/

The server I play on has an instant 80 realm, high rate realm and a few fun realms. I play on the high rate one, though I have a character on the instant 80. Private servers are fun, but nothing like the real WoW. There is a major difference. On private servers, you get the feeling of being lonely whereas on real WoW servers, no matter where you go, there is bound to be someone else.

BTW, if you look, I'm sure you will find a server with a "Blizzlike" realm. This means it is exactly like WoW as far as XP, gold, gear, leveling, etc.. goes.

My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Yeh, they're private servers. I play WoW, I pay, but I only play 2 months then 2 months break etc..

I'm not really into private servers because theirs a lot of cheats and I don't trust it really...but you might want to give it a go if you want. It's not that bad.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Deleted

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

private servers are illegal... should NOT be discussed on this forum. Buy the game, alot better than playin on a private server anyways. Nuff said. Reported.

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Sorry, didn't know they were illegal. My bad. Post deleted.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

yeah private servers are illegal.. blizzard can freeze / delete your account if they really want to, but since they make tons of money off subscriptions fees from legit players you still never know what could happen
Nvidia 7600 GS 256 MB PCI-E 16x
jo5h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

AFAIK Private servers would be against the EULA of the software product, not against the law, as long as the game is bought at one time or another. If CF respected every single EULA and contract out there, we wouldn't even be able to discuss things like how to play certain CD's on a computer, backup things, etc.

Computerforums respects all laws in the country's where the server or admin reside, and this does not break a law. If anyone wants to prove me wrong, I will close the thread though.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
AFAIK Private servers would be against the EULA of the software product, not against the law, as long as the game is bought at one time or another. If CF respected every single EULA and contract out there, we wouldn't even be able to discuss things like how to play certain CD's on a computer, backup things, etc.

Computerforums respects all laws in the country's where the server or admin reside, and this does not break a law. If anyone wants to prove me wrong, I will close the thread though.
they are against blizzards terms of use and blizzards copyright. They also violate the DMCA and some Federal laws. You may not be taken to court but there still illegal. They also are going against a legally binded agreement when you hit "I have read and fully undesrtand and accept..bla bla bla"

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
they are against blizzards terms of use and blizzards copyright. They also violate the DMCA and some Federal laws. You may not be taken to court but there still illegal. They also are going against a legally binded agreement when you hit "I have read and fully undesrtand and accept..bla bla bla"
No one reads the EULA though. I think companies just make it really long so people would click Agree then sue them and get the money..haha seems like a good plan ^_^

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote