Let me first say, you must have a psx console before you download this to legally obtain this emulator. Most of you probably won't care... but I'll just add that.
Note: If you get an error that says: this application has failed to start because wnasp132.dll was not found. Just close that and the next screen will be a new epsxe loading screen.
1. Download the above and extract to where you want it extracted.
2. Go though the setup guide when you start epsxe.
3. Use pete's psx openGL2 Rendered for your video plugin. You can mess with others, and maybe it might better suit you, but for this we'll use the above.
3 . Set the screen size to whatever your monitor can handle. The bigger, the better. Also, set the color to 32 bit.
4. Set the internal X and Y resolution to very high so that it looks decent. You will need 128 MB video card or higher for this.
5. Texture filtering leave at 0.
6. Hi res textures set at 2xSal
7. Set the FPS limit to 50-60 FPS. Click the little box that says use fps limit. If you don't your games will be in unplayable fast motion.
8. Set off screen drawing to standard.
9. Framebuffer and frameeffects to full setting.
10. Leave everything else the way it is.
EDIT: Sorry for the double post, computerforums is lagging for me.