Free PSX Emulator(everything included)

BF2player

BSOD
Let me first say, you must have a psx console before you download this to legally obtain this emulator. Most of you probably won't care... but I'll just add that.

Link: ftp://manic19oo@everythingonline.org:whatdont@207.210.72.130/PSX Emulator

Note: If you get an error that says: this application has failed to start because wnasp132.dll was not found. Just close that and the next screen will be a new epsxe loading screen.

Guide:

1. Download the above and extract to where you want it extracted.
2. Go though the setup guide when you start epsxe.
3. Use pete's psx openGL2 Rendered for your video plugin. You can mess with others, and maybe it might better suit you, but for this we'll use the above.
3 . Set the screen size to whatever your monitor can handle. The bigger, the better. Also, set the color to 32 bit.
4. Set the internal X and Y resolution to very high so that it looks decent. You will need 128 MB video card or higher for this.
5. Texture filtering leave at 0.
6. Hi res textures set at 2xSal
7. Set the FPS limit to 50-60 FPS. Click the little box that says use fps limit. If you don't your games will be in unplayable fast motion.
8. Set off screen drawing to standard.
9. Framebuffer and frameeffects to full setting.
10. Leave everything else the way it is.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, computerforums is lagging for me.

Okay then: how to play a game.

1. On the man screen go to file-run-cdrom (if you have disc inserted)
2. On the man screen go to file-run-ROM (if you have download a game)
3. On the man screen go to file-run-PS EXE(if you have download a game that is ps exe)
4. Run bios is like running the PSX without a disc. Takes you to the memory cards.

oooooooooh. rep
mind telling me why it doesnt work. i put in harry potter, it didnt work, and the cpu is under load even afer i closed it.

oooooooooh. rep
mind telling me why it doesnt work. i put in harry potter, it didnt work, and the cpu is under load even afer i closed it.

There are many reasons as to why it didn't work.

1. Your video card can't support opengl and you must change your video driver plugin to something else.

2. The PSX emulator can't emulate every single game out there. Harry potter might be one it can't. I know it can't emulate certain wrestling games.

3. The reason it is under load is because you closed it while it still thought you had the program running with the game. Ctrl-Alt-Del and manually end the process of epsxe and try another game.

most definitely, your performance wont be good at all. i doubt any games would be playable.

wish i still had some of our PS2 games, but we sold them all for like 20$ because our PS2 broke :mad:.

I've been using ePSXe since 2003.. ahh summer of that year was spent addicted to final fantasy...

most definitely, your performance wont be good at all. i doubt any games would be playable.

wish i still had some of our PS2 games, but we sold them all for like 20$ because our PS2 broke :mad:.

no i just played a few games that ran more than fine at max.

Back
Top Bottom