free dial-up

Nik00117 said:
LMAO 40 bucks for dail up, HAHA I'd never pay that. Yes you can get free dail up. Its highly unreiable and crappy. My ISP gave us dail up as a back service thing is my PC doesn't support 56k modem. But if I ever loose internet i normally just watch a movie and if I do get on dail up its check e-mail maybe CF and log out.

Once you've seen what a 10 MB connection does a 56k is simply unbearable.
40 bucks for 28.8k slower than your average dialup.

Strangely enough you can get 2mbps high speed for $39.95 across the street but not here... :confused:

Yeah John there's a catch, you have to live with the Yahoo! branding over every thing on the computer with Rogers. :p

actually i never ever installed the yahoo software. i had rogers since like 2003. the best thing is that you can use any yahoo services with your rogers email.

Oh, I thought you had to bundle up with all the yahoo branded software. At one of my relative's house that I was at in June (far away) and my Uncle has Rogers and he the technicians said that he had to download rogers yahoo browser, and that self healing thing and all the rest of the junk.

Yeah, the extra Yahoo benefits are a plus though, like Launchcast Plus without advertisements. I kinda "made myself a Rogers account" while I was there, and now i can get ad-free Launchcast here without having Rogers high speed lol :p

BTW, with 5mbps I used to get anwhere between 500kb/s to 600kb/s with Download Accelerator Plus on US or UK servers when downloading stuff, how much do you get?

Really? That low? You must be downloading from international servers or something :p Either that or maybe Download Accelerator actually works {yeah, right...}

:( Im downloading a Linux torrent now, 733.98MB - 25kb/s maxed out, with nothing else internet related on.

Back
Top Bottom