fraud?

i'd say you call up tellus and ask them if they have any special's going on where there doing that, if they say yeah, good job you got something free if not yeah.... call the cops haha

well i would guess that if they only got the DL number and street addresss and DOB, i would guess that they really cant do that much harm if any, but im just guesing since idk what they do when they get you info

i'd say you call up tellus and ask them if they have any special's going on where there doing that, if they say yeah, good job you got something free if not yeah.... call the cops haha

Yes, do that. And if it is NOT legit. Call the authorities and Credit Bureau's about the situation asap.

LOL you have nothing to really worry about if you didn't give out the SS#. They won't be able to make any type of False Id's or steal your Identity without that number.

I remember back in the day selling Home Equitys and Lines of Credit over the phone. One thing we had to have for the bank apps to go through was the social security number. Selling apps till that point was easy but when you ask for the SS# conversion went way down lol. I'd say for every ten people I had hooked I could get probally 3 maybe 4 to actually give me there socials.

They can still easily commit fraud without your SSN. It doesn't sound like much, but with just that much information your identity could be stolen.

Report it immediately, don't feel embarrassed. It's good that your mom didn't give out her SSN, b/c there is a lot less they can do now. However it is possible to apply for and get approven for a credit card (in your name) without a SSN.

They can still easily commit fraud without your SSN. It doesn't sound like much, but with just that much information your identity could be stolen.

Report it immediately, don't feel embarrassed. It's good that your mom didn't give out her SSN, b/c there is a lot less they can do now. However it is possible to apply for and get approven for a credit card (in your name) without a SSN.

I don't know if your speaking for Canada or not.

In the States it is impossible to get credit without a social security number on the application.

LOL you have nothing to really worry about if you didn't give out the SS#. They won't be able to make any type of False Id's or steal your Identity without that number.

I remember back in the day selling Home Equitys and Lines of Credit over the phone. One thing we had to have for the bank apps to go through was the social security number. Selling apps till that point was easy but when you ask for the SS# conversion went way down lol. I'd say for every ten people I had hooked I could get probally 3 maybe 4 to actually give me there socials.

People that have the simplest info on you can get your SS# relatively easy. I used to work in the fraud dep. for BOA. You'd be surprised how much this happens to people, even the ones that are cautious and don't give out any info.

ok well she called telus today and apparently nobody signed her up for telus and she doesnt have an account with them. police said they couldn't do anything, but they gave us a few numbers to call.

Back
Top Bottom