Forum Etiquette for CN?

On second thought why not appendix the Etiquette to the already locked & sticky topic entitled "Forum Rules." This way you can retitle the topic to "Forum Rules & Etiquette - Everyone Please read."

Sounds like a great idea guys. Nice post XpUser. I think it will give the mod's a baseline for etiquette.

per said:
Sounds like a great idea guys. Nice post XpUser. I think it will give the mod's a baseline for etiquette.

Thanks buddy. I've recently joined CF right in the midst of an ongoing and out-of-control exchanges in several threads. It could have discouraged me from joining butttttt given the fact that you, lurk, seti, wombat are here, I stayed put.

Originally Posted by David Lindon
Has anyone not noticed the rules link at the bottom of the page?

ahhh the rules link... oops

well David's 3 strike system is cut & dried & right to the point

Originally posted by XPuser
why not appendix the Etiquette to the already locked & sticky topic entitled "Forum Rules." This way you can retitle the topic to "Forum Rules & Etiquette - Everyone Please read."

perhaps ammend the rules to include accepted etiquette practices?

phrankco said:
perhaps ammend the rules to include accepted etiquette practices?

I like that part better. Why not re- entitle the sticky thread "Forum Rules" as "Forums Rules and Accepted Etiquette Practices," incorporating Seti's draft?

forum rules in social lounge...

Those rules cover the web hosting not proper conduct of regular members. And how many have read the forums rules at the link at the bottom? I'd bet with the behaviour of some, not many. There are many old rules that have been changed to a play it by ear or changed by discussion of current conduct of some.
I respect the fact David, you are the top person here. You're the boss. But the rules link is riddled with typos that change the flavor of rules. It rambles. And it's out of the flow of current events.
The Giancarlo event is a prime reason to have a clear consise set of rules of behaviour. That could have been cut off quick if a set of numbered rules approved by you, of course, had been available. Mods could have simply pointed to rule number such and such being violated and taken appropeate action. But as it was it had to be played by ear and that wound up with him getting banned for 30 days. The mods had lost control of him and I had no other choice.

let us tinker around with this and when we get a final draft, present to you and see what you think. I'm not going to post anything anywhere without approval. So don't worry about that. This is just an open discussion.
EDIT: I just went back and looked at the rules link. TIME: 1317EDT. This is not the page I saw earlier. The page I saw looked like a very rough draft with a blue back ground and is what I based my observations in this post on.

Originally Posted by David Lindon
Has anyone not noticed the rules link at the bottom of the page?

Well...

It's about getting a set system of forum behavior. And putting it somewhere the members will see it. The link at the bottom is good in it gives us something to fall back on when we need to. But the members don't see it when they sign up and need to.
And yes I agree to the ammending the rules with acceptable behavior guidelines.

thats a darn good idea, people are posting spam and flaming, we dont deserve it. People should probably give nagative rep points if someone is flaming or spamming, but a great idea XPUser :D

Back
Top Bottom