The Food Thread!!! Huh???

My favorite steak btw is T-bone steak, or AKA, I believe, Porter House steak :D

My favorite is the sirloin, but i wouldn't mind a porter house steak once in a while.

I'm sorry to hear you have some eating probs. i on the other hand do not eat breakfast, i'm just not hungry in the morning. i eat a skimpy lunch , and i have a huge dinner.

Then i like snacking up to around 8pm, but nothing after that time.

My favorite steak btw is T-bone steak, or AKA, I believe, Porter House steak :D

T-bone and porterhouse are both from the same sections of meat, but generally "T-bone" is used for the end with less tenderloin, while the other end with more would be called a porterhouse. I'm not sure if the distinction would be made in your country though, so they very well could be the same thing for you.

Personally, I'm not very much of a meat eater. If it's in a dish, it can be good, but eating just plain meat isn't very appealing to me.

My favorite foods are pretty much stereotypical Louisiana dishes. Gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya. It's one of the few upsides to living here, since you really can't get anything close elsewhere (jambalaya with tomatoes? seriously?) I normally eat simpler stuff though. Rice, veggies, lots of potatoes, stuff like that.

My favorite is the sirloin, but i wouldn't mind a porter house steak once in a while.

I'm sorry to hear you have some eating probs. i on the other hand do not eat breakfast, i'm just not hungry in the morning. i eat a skimpy lunch , and i have a huge dinner.

Then i like snacking up to around 8pm, but nothing after that time.

You can say that again about my eating problems. It also includes my very problematic taste. For some reason what does not suit my taste makes me sick. Tried to trick my self to eat tomatoes for being healthy but I failed.

I don't have breakfast myself but I do wake up hungry so I eat snacks. I then have crazy lunch that like blows up my stomach then I don't have dinner.

T-bone and porterhouse are both from the same sections of meat, but generally "T-bone" is used for the end with less tenderloin, while the other end with more would be called a porterhouse. I'm not sure if the distinction would be made in your country though, so they very well could be the same thing for you.

Personally, I'm not very much of a meat eater. If it's in a dish, it can be good, but eating just plain meat isn't very appealing to me.

My favorite foods are pretty much stereotypical Louisiana dishes. Gumbo, red beans and rice, jambalaya. It's one of the few upsides to living here, since you really can't get anything close elsewhere (jambalaya with tomatoes? seriously?) I normally eat simpler stuff though. Rice, veggies, lots of potatoes, stuff like that.

I noticed that Apple Bees call it Porter House while Steak House call it T-bone. I also noticed that the latter is smaller and has more fat most of the time, if my observation was in the right place. For some reason they don't taste as good now, and when I complained about it at Apple Bees they said the supplier is changed from the USA to another.

Eating meat alone is not my thing too. I eat much (some times too much) rice or bread with each bite of meat (any kind of meat not just beef). But when I feel full, I tend to finish the meat first so I eat it alone.

Love my food as plain as possible. Plain white rice, plain white bread, no veggies with meat, no toppings and sauces... etc. Only very little exceptions are fine for my, like cheese only with burger and standard spices like salt and pepper. I once tried to boil shrimps with salt and pepper and used thyme instead of pepper as I'm an awful cook that cannot distinguish between the two. The shrimps tasted weird that day.

Water is still the best body cleanser

No argument there kind sir. It also some times tastes the best specially after chocolate or ice cream.

Last edited:
Okay, time for an update. The other day I ate these:
m0ee.jpg

Yeah I know, my pealing skills are really bad.

They looked like this before pealing:
yrs8.jpg

Yup, they are eggs, not stones :rolleyes:

Here is the actual size compared to my hand:
7z2y.jpg

b3hw.jpg

Please don't stare at my hand too much. It's shy :eek:

In case you wonder, these are egg of this animal:
gator.jpg

Ooops, I made a mistake, I mean these tiny, puny, little, sweet and um - delicious animals:
gWa46945.jpg

Called samman birds in Arabic. Dunno of the English name.

Okay every one, jump right in :D

Those are very interesting eggs indeed. My sister turned me on to trying some duck eggs & i have to say they are very delicious.

So what do you think of the taste difference between those tiny eggs & lets say chicken eggs Smart Guy? They look like they would be very tasty.

Well, before I answer your question, come on in lets eat first... yum yum yum...

Okay, they taste very similar to chicken eggs, but with a little sweetness.

Honestly, I like chicken eggs more. But it is a matter of preference I guess.

I remember long ago I tried duck eggs too and they had like yellowish/greenish crust and it is soft that it is better to be eaten with a spoon after splitting it in half. Or maybe it was half cocked? Dunno.

Oh, an American Facebook friend just backed me up with the English name of that bird, it is quail. Now, google images will show some with a weird hair do. The one we're talking about is the one on the pic I provided above.

Yay, we get to eat hard boiled eggs...Nom, Nom, Nom
Ok, that was delicious !!

That's very good to know about quail eggs. The duck eggs i ate were white shelled, but they were very good.

Hard boiled eggs are good to eat with salt & pepper....Yum !!

Now i just need to get some eggs & whip up some french toast. ;)

Speaking of quails, I ate these miserable losers the other day:
rr2d.jpg

And some other day before that I ate this:
ov7h.jpg

They all tasted sooo goooood :D

ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1392429397.851257.jpg I've recently had beef balls Italiano (which are just meatballs with a different name) and are really good and can be made with beef and sauce and rye bread broken apart that are somewhat mushy.

Back
Top Bottom