Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default The Food Thread!!! Huh???

So, you ate something good lately? Have favorites? Suggest something healthy? Anything?

Allow me to start with the healthy part. You probably know the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". I'm not gonna repeat an old tape here, I'm gonna talk out of experience. I underwent a hemorrhoidectomy (yaaaouch!!!). Now, the most known reason causing hemorrhoids is constipation. To prevent that, I suggest eating one apple a day since it is one of the best, cheapest, and most of all; natural laxatives. Trust me. it really helps.

Well, that was one thing vegetarians can brag about, huh? But seriously, how do they feel not eating meat? I can keep eating fruits and veggies all day and still be hungry ha ha. Do they really exist? Or just in movies?

Anyway, my no. 1 favorite is crustaceans like lobster, crabs, shrimps and their variants. I'm ready to go over seas just to eat different kinds of those. I once wanted to go to Maine in USA for, and only for, those lobsters

Old 11-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: The Food Thread!!! Huh???

I drink a juice every morning. Carrots,green curly kale. purple curly kale, rainbow chard,celery,apples,cranberries,pomegranate,lime,r omaine lettuce,dandelion and flat parsley .Good stuff I use an omega j8006 juicer.

particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Does that help in something specific? Or is it for general nutrition?

Yesterday I ate tons of ice cream, citrus flavor , before going to bed. My dear blanket and two pillows are at the laundry and I don't have replacements so I slept just like that on the bed with the A/C on. I woke up mid night with a stomach ache, a heart burn and a sore throat.

Now there is a moral here guys, and I believe you figured it out. It is "crime doesn't pay".
Old 11-13-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Golden Master

I've been a variety of things lately, pizza rolls, pies, chicken with rice, various meats. When I've been going to bed I've been eating biscuits like shapes. Occasionally salad rolls but when I had one last week I finished eating it and felt like I need to be sick but then when someone got home it went away and I was also at my certificate course having one with ham and I felt like I needed to be sick and I felt like it for half an hour and it went away then. I drink mainly water, milk and juices sometimes, I am 18 and have drunken not much alcohol at all, Only occasionally as I don't feel the need to have it all the time.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

It is the way to go before going to bed; light and small amount of food.

No alcohol for me. The way I eat is already bad enough for my liver.

Started eating less chicken and more red meat as I've always been eating chicken when it comes to flora meats.

My appetite is a real problem. I cannot stop eating once started, until my belly is full and painful. Sometimes I keep stuffing my face before completely swallowing what I'm already chewing.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart_Guy View Post
Does that help in something specific? Or is it for general nutrition?

Yesterday I ate tons of ice cream, citrus flavor , before going to bed. My dear blanket and two pillows are at the laundry and I don't have replacements so I slept just like that on the bed with the A/C on. I woke up mid night with a stomach ache, a heart burn and a sore throat.

Now there is a moral here guys, and I believe you figured it out. It is "crime doesn't pay".

I do it for the health benefits. Here is todays grind. This made 42 ounces of juice.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
The Candyman

Well i'm not really a health food nut, but my mother is in her ripe ol` age of 89, so i got her to start juicing every day. she has been juicing for 5 years now and she loves it. anyways every morning she juices 4-apples,4-carrots, 4-celery, and a small cut of ginger root.

We both feel great and haven't been sick for over 4 years now.
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR~MIXX View Post
Well i'm not really a health food nut, but my mother is in her ripe ol` age of 89, so i got her to start juicing every day. she has been juicing for 5 years now and she loves it. anyways every morning she juices 4-apples,4-carrots, 4-celery, and a small cut of ginger root.

We both feel great and haven't been sick for over 4 years now.
I throw a little ginger root in every once in a while, gives it a nice bite.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
The Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
I throw a little ginger root in every once in a while, gives it a nice bite.
Yes indeed it does add a good bite, but too much of it will result in the same thing as biting into a radish...Ewwww.
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

It really feels bad when all the sudden after aging a little some health problem comes up and it is too late to eat what is good to fight it. Hemorrhoids for example.

Ginger is considered of the healthiest foods. But not the coolest. Celery sounds healthy. I'll have to search about it. I guess I should starts with what it is in the first place ha ha.

How much does fried chicken cost where you live? Here it is like 6 USD whole chicken that comes typically with 4 packs of garlic sauce and 4 bread buns. I love fried chicken

Tags
delicious, food, health, taste