Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: fml

Mall COP!!!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Diabetes doesn't get worse if you take care of it though.
No, but we get a lot of complications because of diabetes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Unfortunately that's not how it works....lol

The more ill you are now, more likely you'll be even more ill later. Scoliosis and Diabetes don't get better....and if you have cancer......
I was told the scoliosis won't get worse. My spine is done growing, so it's done getting worse, lol.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
No, but we get a lot of complications because of diabetes.
I've talked to people who've had diabetes for 40-ish years and have had very very minimal complications because of it.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

You aren't the only one. I have a very compromised immune system (low something in my blood count that has to do with immune stuff...I can't remember what exactly the name of it is) so I get sick about once every other month or every third month when I'm around different people daily. AKA, college will be hell for me. There's nothing they can do to fix it. On top of that, I've had asthma forever, so when I do get sick, it's always worse because of that. So..eh...I know how not fun health stuff is.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi

I used to have asthma really bad, I've somewhat outgrown it. I do also have a low immune system, my lungs are very susceptible to infection because of a birth defect. Apparently I was born with fluid in my lungs, I'm sure there's a technical term for it, but I'm unaware of that.

I'm not as bad as you two though it doesn't sound like, I'm slowly starting to outgrow things.
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullzi View Post
I used to have asthma really bad, I've somewhat outgrown it. I do also have a low immune system, my lungs are very susceptible to infection because of a birth defect. Apparently I was born with fluid in my lungs, I'm sure there's a technical term for it, but I'm unaware of that.

I'm not as bad as you two though it doesn't sound like, I'm slowly starting to outgrow things.
My asthma has gotten LEAPS and BOUNDS better since I was little. I was in the hospital a lot when I was a kid for it. However, my immune deficiency is something that cannot be out grown or treated since it deals with my blood. So at the first signs of getting sick, I have to make sure I get an antibiotic so I don't stay sick for 2+ weeks.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

My asthma used to be horrid like yours it sounds like, I've made numerous trips to the ER unconscious as a little tyke, glad that doesn't happen anymore.

I seem to get sick at the exact time every year, fall. Ever since I could remember, it never fails. Some form of bronchitis hits me hard every fall and I usually miss a week of school because of it. Last year I was lucky enough to have mono, boy was that a treat..
Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #18
Guru

Scoliosis isn't that bad man. I have it. I have some lower back pain almost daily, but I don't know if it's because of that. I checked it out at the doc and she said it was because I'm still growing (I'm 17 and I don't see to be getting much taller). I've had some moles removed, not that big of a deal really. You need to look at life through positive lenses. Make the best of what you got man. For medical issues like this, do what you have to do to prevent any more development. Don't waste your time resenting it because it's not going away.

**Sorry if I sounded harsh, but, again, look out for the positive things. How's Michigan Tech?
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

+1 there Joga.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 AM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Scoliosis isn't that bad man. I have it. I have some lower back pain almost daily, but I don't know if it's because of that. I checked it out at the doc and she said it was because I'm still growing (I'm 17 and I don't see to be getting much taller). I've had some moles removed, not that big of a deal really. You need to look at life through positive lenses. Make the best of what you got man. For medical issues like this, do what you have to do to prevent any more development. Don't waste your time resenting it because it's not going away.

**Sorry if I sounded harsh, but, again, look out for the positive things. How's Michigan Tech?
I know what you mean. Those two things aren't that bad... Diabetes is the 5th deadliest disease in America though, so that's a bit of a downer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
You aren't the only one. I have a very compromised immune system (low something in my blood count that has to do with immune stuff...I can't remember what exactly the name of it is) so I get sick about once every other month or every third month when I'm around different people daily. AKA, college will be hell for me. There's nothing they can do to fix it. On top of that, I've had asthma forever, so when I do get sick, it's always worse because of that. So..eh...I know how not fun health stuff is.
One thing I have found that strengthens my immune system a LOT is Glutamine. Taken for weight lifting, but it really does strengthen your immune system. It's in spinach and the supplements aisle at walmart right next to the whey protein. Worth a shot.