Fluke or Do-able

PraSango

Beta member
My laptop computer has done on several occasions and sometimes fixes itself and sometimes doesn't till i investigate and the attached image demonstrates what has happened several times. What happens since I can not find out where to be able to post the image is that windows is showing the images but hiding the names. The names are there but windows is not showing them- now if you try to rename it, you can and the name goes back to hidden status. If you want a picture of this, email me or post how to do so in this forum and I will post the picture.

I have asked several ppl about this and even searched the internet but haven't found any real or no-real answers. Is this simply a fluke that my computer from time-to-time does or is this something windows can do. If it how do I manage to do this. I am trying to find out so I manage the massive number of images if hold.

My basic system info is: Running Windows XP Media Centre on a Dell Insperion 9300 laptop. 1 GB of DDR Memory and an 100 GB hardrive.

Thanx and Bye,
PraSango
Germany

Hey man it might just be because im really tired, but could you re-explain your problem because im kinda confused about what exactly your asking.

Infin1ty said:
Hey man it might just be because im really tired, but could you re-explain your problem because im kinda confused about what exactly your asking.
Sounds like he's struggling with English

Are you saying that when you view images you have stored on your computer, it is not displaying the image name? If so, what program are you using to view your images?

PraSango said:
My laptop computer has done on several occasions and sometimes fixes itself and sometimes doesn't till i investigate and the attached image demonstrates what has happened several times. What happens since I can not find out where to be able to post the image is that windows is showing the images but hiding the names. The names are there but windows is not showing them- now if you try to rename it, you can and the name goes back to hidden status. If you want a picture of this, email me or post how to do so in this forum and I will post the picture.

I have asked several ppl about this and even searched the internet but haven't found any real or no-real answers. Is this simply a fluke that my computer from time-to-time does or is this something windows can do. If it how do I manage to do this. I am trying to find out so I manage the massive number of images if hold.

My basic system info is: Running Windows XP Media Centre on a Dell Insperion 9300 laptop. 1 GB of DDR Memory and an 100 GB hardrive.

Thanx and Bye,
PraSango
Germany

are you experiencing pop-ups and you can't find the names because they are hidden? the next time you get one, take a screen shot of it by pressing the (printscreen button) on your keyboard, then open up ms paint, then click the edit button and paste it into the window. then save as a .gif

then you can go to photobucket.com or photoshack and post a pic here so we can find out what exactly is poping up, by the way both photo sites are free hosting of pics.

I am using the default windows picture viewer, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Ill try to post a picture after this. I am not getting any wierd acting symptoms or anything else, my computer just does this.

well ,one more thing you could do is when in windows explorer, you could click on folders button / folder options / where it says file type: put in the file extention of the file your having trouble with. then click on open with, and find the program .exe you want it to open with.

Back
Top Bottom