Fish fish fish.... and a crab. All mine.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Hi guys.

Gone for a fishing trip this last Thursday. Look what I caught:

This is the whole catch (my catch only):
qvaw.jpg

One of them is a grouper. I dunno the name of the others in English (all one kind) but if you're interested, it is called "sha'oor" in Arabic.

Here is the grouper in my hands:
fg57.jpg

And finally, say hi to my friend here. I caught her (yup, female) and released her later. She was small to eat:
4ll6.jpg

The trip was so tiring, which is expected for open sea boat trips. Not to mention expected motion sickness that could ruin the whole thing. Luckily I came prepared and managed my diet that day. And the day before. Got a little dizzy latter on the trip is all.

And the taste was... well, what fresh food tastes
thumbsup.gif

Later y'all
cool.gif

Sometimes I think the same thing when I see a thread about fish and it turns out to be a bunch of fish trapped in a tiny glass tank.

Nice catches! Too bad you didn't catch any big crab. They are delicious.

Well, thanks guys for your comments and remarks, and above all, honoring me with your attendance. All of you :)

I believe, just a personal preference, it is better to have the fish caught to eat instead of to be imprisoned in a fish cell - I mean tank. And besides, a man's gotta eat as well. This is life guys. Sorry for the disappointment, if any.

Where I was, unfortunately there was no big crabs. Otherwise I would have caught them instead of the fish. They do taste great (better) and look more awesome than fish.

"Trapped" was a good key work Superman22x.

the next time if you catch a crab, put it on the ground and tapdance on it :cool:
and let that be a warning for his family for biting me and stealing my bite...

no just kidding, nice catch bro ;)

Now that's a good idea. But too bad dancing is not my thing.

Actually, I caught it with my bare hands off the shore (yup, I'm tough ha ha). Looking carefully at it I realized it was small to eat. Lucky crab. You don't find nice people like me these days, eh?

Actually, I caught it with my bare hands off the shore.

nice, you can always eat a crab (the size of ur hand). you can eat the legs.. i bought a crab in norway once, didn't fit in a proper furnace, so we cut his legs off ;) tasted delicious. where did ya fish? denmark or something?

Yeah, actually in another trip I caught another two crabs, a little bigger than the one in this thread. The legs had some good amount of food in it. I'll try to post the pics later. The taste was soooo good. Fresh, my personal catch and all.

I caught these fishes in the Red Sea here in Saudi Arabia. Never been to Denmark. Last time I've been abroad was like 15 years ago and it was to Egypt. All before that I was too young and mindless to understand anything :D

Edit with the two victims :):

Here is one:
w7uy.jpg

This is a different specie that the one in the original post.

And here is the other:
nkpd.jpg

Of the same specie in the original post. My hands are clearly missed up here as I was fishing as well and the bait was squid which is really messy.

Here they are after boiling them:
7pyr.jpg

And another view:
g3s1.jpg

Both are clearly male :D

Bigger claws, and claw meat is my favorite. Plus preserving the harvest.

Boiling them for 5-7 minutes, don't remember exactly, did the trick.

Did I mention they were so delicious?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom