I have been asked by a friend to to her Senior pictures. We are planning on doing it on a beach near Lake Michigan (which has a lot of sand dunes and forests as well) and are planning on taking some even underwater (I have an underwater pocket camera). My main camera is a Nikon D90. (lens are 28-300, 18-105, and if i can borrow it 50mm 1.8) She is planning on bringing at least three changes of outfits. So my question(s) are (being my first time and all)
I have taken college classes (which I am studying to be a Media Minor) about photography, so I know the basics of ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, ND Filters, angles and know how to use Photoshop CS5 fairly well, so feel free to give me more advanced advice!
1. What poses should I do (on the beach, forest, sand dunes, underwater)?
2. What (and how) do I get her to do unposed pictures (so it looks less fake, or posed) or should I not do it at all?
3. How should I charge her for them? (per pic, per hour?) Should I send the pictures she wants via email, and how to embed a watermark?
4. What lens should I bring(lens I have are in the description above)?
5. Should I bring my SB-800 flash?
6. What should she do to prepare? (makeup, hair, (she wants some with hair up and hair done) eye shadow, etc) ?
7. What are some good Senior photography blogs/websites (not just ordinary one, good ones) that I should look at to get some ideas?
8. Should I do more than just photos, should I do a video as well, and if yes, how should I go about doing the video (or should the video just be for my portfolio)?
9. Is there anything else that I should know, that I might not have asked above?
10. This is my first time with pictures, Im nervous
Thanks a ton for all your help. I hope to be able to use this to get me into the world of more professional photography!