Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: first ever car

170k miles? I wouldn't take a car for free if it had done that much, personally.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
Fully Optimized

I still have my first car. Well, actually I first had a project car that was given to us for free that my dad was going to fix up, but it was decided it would cost more than the car's worth. It was a 1989 Mercury Tracer 4 door hatchback. Nice little car, just never got it road worthy.

Now for my current car. I bought it for $500 in Sept 2006 w/ 92,000 miles on it. It's a '92 Ford Tempo. Originally it had a matching fender, but a deer took that one out...couldn't find another matching one, and I don't care to paint it since it's just a beater car. But all other body damage that you see on the car was from the previous owner. For only 92,000 miles on it for a '92, that's a lot of small body damage, whole right side was repainted, so it was probably in an accident. So, it's ugly on the outside, but runs great.

I can't wait to get rid of this car for a newer car though. It may run good, but it only gets 23 MPG and it's old and ugly. Even though I try to take care of it, there may be another problem that eventually comes along. When I get my next car, my brother gets this one, lol. Probably just sell it for $200. There's a radiator leak now that 1 thing of Alumaseal didn't fix (just slowed down), so it may not be fixable without a replacement...

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
BSOD

My first car might be a brand new F-150, if my dad wins the lotery lol. Pray for me guys.
Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to LukaszR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
My first car might be a brand new F-150, if my dad wins the lotery lol. Pray for me guys.
LOL - i know if i win the lottery...my first car will be a nissan 350z.
I was looking at getting a car...but i realized that biking it to work saves so much money...which i can put out into my pc's LOL. Insurance is such a killer...and now gas is just climbing through the roof! Here in ontario, gas is already $1.34 (canadian ofcourse). so i think i'll be sticking to my bike...until i either win the lottery...or get a much better paying job...and just to mention...i am a student still...so once school starts up...i work a lot less...meaning not enough to support the insurance or gas...and whatever crap cars would need done on them.

Hoping for the lottery LOL!!!
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszr View Post
LOL - i know if i win the lottery...my first car will be a nissan 350z.
I was looking at getting a car...but i realized that biking it to work saves so much money...which i can put out into my pc's LOL. Insurance is such a killer...and now gas is just climbing through the roof! Here in ontario, gas is already $1.34 (canadian ofcourse). so i think i'll be sticking to my bike...until i either win the lottery...or get a much better paying job...and just to mention...i am a student still...so once school starts up...i work a lot less...meaning not enough to support the insurance or gas...and whatever crap cars would need done on them.

Hoping for the lottery LOL!!!
Gas here in New York City is almost 5 bucks
eggyhustles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337 View Post
170k miles? I wouldn't take a car for free if it had done that much, personally.
You should see how many thousand miles we have on our 93' volvo is being sold. Think it's 250,000 kilometers or something.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

My first car: 2007 Chevy Cobalt, but heres the deal: I'm learning how to drive standard and taking my mom's 1999 Ford F-150. I like that truck more than the Cobalt. If the Cobalt were a standard, then I would take it. I have driven a standard before, and personally I feel it is actually easier for me than auto. Plus it is better on gas if you know what you are doing, and you can push what you are driving a lot harder.

I tell you what is fun in that Cobalt though: Kicking it into low gear while going up a hill. Pass by huge trucks and sport cars like they are nothing. It's not bad for a 2.2 4-cylinder engine.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyhustles View Post
Gas here in New York City is almost 5 bucks
Holy Hell! Are you serious? Jeez I thought we minnesotans had it bad at four bucks! I feel your pain!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Holy Hell! Are you serious? Jeez I thought we minnesotans had it bad at four bucks! I feel your pain!
It's like $5.25 here
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146

You live in Ontario chris? whats canada like?

Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote