The first days of CF

Istonian

Daemon Poster
Just for fun I was looking at the really old threads in the social lounge. There was a lot of flame wars and stuff like that. It's nothing like it is now today. I also was a bunch of different avatars.

and david had to post a lot to keep the forum alive, now he dosent even have to post at all to keep this thing alive

There wasn't a lot of members back then. I was surprised at some of the stuff though. If we said that now we would be banned for sure. I just thought it was interesting.

He still posts though, and that is what makes him a great admin. He gets involved with the forum both with the outside aspects (server etc), and the inside aspect, he posts and everything.

I agree, I've been to a lot of forums and I think David is a pretty good admin. I know of some forums where the admin goes around flaming everyone. Kinda funny though.

Well its got to be a lot stricter now as we try to encourage new members to join, plus The forum does not need bad language and ill feeling it makes for a bad image, I think this forum is well Marshalled by the mods, they do a good job, and credit to our members as well as we try to make it a family atmosphere with not to many disagreements

Just for fun I was looking at the really old threads in the social lounge. There was a lot of flame wars and stuff like that. It's nothing like it is now today. I also was a bunch of different avatars.

Yeah there was deffinately a few flame wars back then. How things have changed! Have you looked at archive.org?

Back
Top Bottom