First car.... Which is best??

i have my parents mercury villager... haha, it has amazing handling for a van i must say but its to big and it drives like boat when you turn stop or accel.

LMAO. but anyway y dont u go for a north american car?how bout a dodge spirit my sis has one and its realy reliable. or sumtin like a chrysler lancer my dad had one and it lasted almost 16years had over 400k on it when it went and it only started with 2 or 3k

i would really trust the germans on this one haha volks seems right to me
since i'm going to take a mechanic course, i kind of want a car that i could rely on and also do soem work on it :)

I'll be driving 25km to and from each day with it.... i dont know how much that is in miles lol but its a good 45min with no traffic..... and sine when is there no traffic in montreal. so id say an hour.

anyways thx for the input

all I am saying is be careful with it from personal experience as I had a 96' Jetta,

both are NA MKIIIs

AND GOOD LUCK!

kyleman999 said:
i would really trust the Germans on this one haha volks seems right to me
since i'm going to take a mechanic course, i kind of want a car that i could rely on and also do some work on it, I'll be driving 25km to and from each day with it.... i dont know how much that is in miles lol but its a good 45min with no traffic..... and since when is there no traffic in montreal. so id say an hour.
anyways thx for the input
I can thoroughly recommend VW's, I've owned two, a Golf & a Passat, it'll easily cope with your driving requirements, go for an '01 onwards, when I traded in my Golf, it had 73,000 on the clock & was still running well, kjman was right, the Jetta was not one of VW's better cars, I think it was taken out of production after a short run which says everything.

Brookfield said:
I can thoroughly recommend VW's, I've owned two, a Golf & a Passat, it'll easily cope with your driving requirements, go for an '01 onwards, when I traded in my Golf, it had 73,000 on the clock & was still running well, kjman was right, the Jetta was not one of VW's better cars, I think it was taken out of production after a short run which says everything.

sorry brookfield but this is in no disrespect as it may be different from North America...

Golf III and Jetta III which is what you have in that link have the same frame, engine, tranny, everything minus the shell...

and it is a North American car which means it was produced in Mexico not Germany as Brookfields experience is based on...

EDIT: 99+ in the states/canada = MKIV which is slightly better reliability wise but its also bloated and slower...

kjman87 said:
sorry Brookfield but this is in no disrespect as it may be different from North America, Golf III and Jetta III which is what you have in that link have the same frame, engine, tranny, everything minus the shell, and it is a North American car which means it was produced in Mexico not Germany as Brookfields experience is based on...
EDIT: 99+ in the states/canada = MKIV which is slightly better reliability wise but its also bloated and slower...
OK, & I understand that the new Mini is only made in Mexico too.

it's funny, cause I don't see the words behind the acronyms any more.

I just see
lol - laughing out loud,
rofl - rolling on floor launghing,
wtf - what the f, -(I'll even say wu-tu-fu) -I know that it's symbolic of a bad word, but as far as I'm concerned it's not as bad as actually saying it.
imo - in my opinion,
imho - in my hunble/honest opinion,
afaik - as far as I know,

Back
Top Bottom