First Aid Advice Needed

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
Ok so I was sharpening some knives at work and i cut my index finger. It was a sharp knife so it sliced my skin like almost filleting it but not cutting it off. its a decent cut but not something that wouldnt stop bleeding or anything. I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and put a band aid on it and it stopped bleeding after about 15 mins. Now is it ok if under the skin theres a black and blue line that i dont know what it is. I was sharpening a knife so there might be trace amounts of metal in there so i dont know if thats somthing to worry about. Any one have any suggestions?

Ide like to avoid doctors as much as possible. Only cause its a pain for me to schedule my time to go and also my parents would flip if they would have to take me to the doctors for something i did on accident.

if you are going to school go see the nurse if you really do not want to see docter do you know when you last tetnus shot was cause i had a a little peice of metal in me and a line was startin to go from the wound up my arm and i guess that is bad. my dad is a vet so he just put some numbing stuff on it and cut it out .
seeing a docter would be the best thing to do.

Tetnus shot i had not to long ago was mandatory for me to get it for school. But i have a sudden strange pain in the back of my leg. Also my how much metal because this is like right after i sharpened and wiped down a little bit so its probaly microscopic peices of dust or something.

if you are going to school go see the nurse if you really do not want to see docter do you know when you last tetnus shot was cause i had a a little peice of metal in me and a line was startin to go from the wound up my arm and i guess that is bad. my dad is a vet so he just put some numbing stuff on it and cut it out .
seeing a docter would be the best thing to do.

Agreed, finding out when your last tetnus jab was is a must, also try bathing it in antiseptic for a couple of days and keep t covered up, with all cuts and especially slizes they are very painful, I have had many working with sheet metal, your finger will be fine unless the Knife was rustic or dirty but an updated tetnus jab is best just for precaution.

as a professional lifeguard with a first aid cert. for the past 4 years :D (really)

go to the doctor, it is probley unoxidized blood thats trapped there, but just to be safe, rather than sorry, i would go

i dunno where you ara but dosent your work have a first aider , should have got them to check it out , however if i where you i would go straight to the doctors just to be safe

Back
Top Bottom