Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Fireworks

Ok, so my brother gave me a bag of fireworks, mostly bottle rockets with a few firecrackers. And so today I set some off. A few bottle rockets and firecrackers. Then I come across this unlabled little guy, half inch tall, quarter inch wide. Bad decision, I lit it. About a quarter second fuse, friggin loud. My ear is still ringing 20 minutes later, and I have a bad headache.

Also, my dog ran in the garage and hid under the camper. Poor girl.

Moral of the story? Don't light unidentified fireworks.

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: Fireworks

Sounds like an M-80. Them things are lot's of fun. It's fun to stick them in mailboxes and blow them up.

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Omnicide now.

Hay, could be worse... I was lighting those little water dynamites, and my brother thought it would be funny if he threw one of those normal firecrackers from the big string that says 'do not separate' into the bag. It blew up in my hand, right next to my ear. My whole hnd had no feeling for about a week, and my ear hurt so bad I had to take tylenol for the next couple days.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

LMAO you wanna talk about fireworks.

Its kinda late right now and I don't feel like taking some pics right now but I will take some pics and post em up 2morrow....
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
Omnicide now.

LOL I just bought about $80 worth of fireworks.
My dad has one of those huge ice chests full of fireworks he bought for 1/2 off after new years.

I like to rig things with them too. I have timed fuse so I am able to build 2 and 3 stage bottle rockets.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
LMAO you wanna talk about fireworks.

Its kinda late right now and I don't feel like taking some pics right now but I will take some pics and post em up 2morrow....
Point of the post?!

~~

So yesterday I was at my friend's and his church's youth group was there. We weren't around looking for sparklers so we could tie and make a big one. We go in his garage and I ask him what this bucket filled with white stuff is. He goes like, "That's a bomb, don't worry 'bout it". We blew that thing up. I was standing maybe 15 yards from it. Big fireball. Some kid almost ran to it when we were going to set it off. I'll upload the video if I can find it.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Sounds like an M-80. Them things are lot's of fun. It's fun to stick them in mailboxes and blow them up.
Lol that is what I was thinking.

Haha The dog part got me laughing ha. Poor dog. Hahaha.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Point of the post?!

~~

So yesterday I was at my friend's and his church's youth group was there. We weren't around looking for sparklers so we could tie and make a big one. We go in his garage and I ask him what this bucket filled with white stuff is. He goes like, "That's a bomb, don't worry 'bout it". We blew that thing up. I was standing maybe 15 yards from it. Big fireball. Some kid almost ran to it when we were going to set it off. I'll upload the video if I can find it.
Dude
POST IT!!!!!!!
What was this 'bomb' made of?

I like to take those 'cracklig balls' apart and fill up macDonalds toys with them.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

ive been going to the same firework store for years so i get all bottle rockets and roman candles free now, and my friend and me were having a firework fight( you light roman candles, artillery shells, and bottle rockets at each other) and a mortar blew up next to my leg and split it open. It was pretty bad, oh well. We normally get about $500-600 of fireworks and 15 people go into an open field and its on. Tonite i just have a few burns on my arms.
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
Omnicide now.

^ Wow...You should listen to PSA's and Common sense.
Artillery shells?!

We do that but only with those cheap bottle rockets with no report.

It is fun to tie a bottle rocket on a long thin wire to someone's wrist/ear/wherever if they fall asleep or pass out drunk.