Firestorms in the US

Yes, my dad lives in Utah so I hear about it. The fire is miles and miles away from him, he can see ashes and a blanket of smoke covering his city too.

We had one similar here in southern california awhile back. THose in socal, you guys still remember? The fire spread all across the San Bernardino mountains creating massive closures all the way from Yucaipa to Orange/LA county. I was right in it when it happened and now my dad is facing the same thing too.

You just have to close everything, plug up the vents and openings in the house. In the car, have the vents closed up and have the air recirulate. Once it's over, I need to remind him to change out every single damn filter in his car. Mainly the cabin and intake filter because trust me, they get black like a mother.

43 degrees Celsius? Converts... 109.4 degrees???? I die when it's 75 here. :eek:
A year ago this month temperatures in London reached a record high of 32c, it remained hot all month, "cooling off" to 29c in the second half & down to 18c on the last day, around a 100 died I think, but many more died on the continent, thousands I believe, I didn't sleep at night for 10 nights, snatching 3 hours or so daytime in an armchair

A year ago this month temperatures in London reached a record high of 32c, it remained hot all month, "cooling off" to 29c in the second half & down to 18c on the last day, around a 100 died I think, but many more died on the continent, thousands I believe, I didn't sleep at night for 10 nights, snatching 3 hours or so daytime in an armchair
It's been 30 in parts of Canada today... only 18 C / 64.4 F here now. :(

As some of you may know, I live in Utah. Though to be honest, I never heard much about the fires... I barely knew anything was going on. Though i was camping during this time.. and man... those guys aren't lying.. 110F is a pretty accurate way of putting it. Thank god I got AC just a month ago, I'd be dying in here (so would my PC)

Ha, my great uncle came to visit a few weeks ago. He's 85, and lives in Arizona. He says 110*F isn't very unusual. He's seen 120*F+ many times.

Back
Top Bottom