Firefox Users Unite

i like to get all the space as well but i dont like everything so stretched out. The default bar settings are perfect for me. i always hated how adware on ie would take up half the page in stupid toolbars

And you like the open source too don't you?:D. Switch to open source, and then go to linux.:)

My firefox has a custom theme and is more space conservative.

Paradox said:
Everyone that uses firefox obviously loves its stability even in customization. How do you customize your firefox?

I like as much space As I can get when Im viewing the internet, I dont know why, I just do. So I set my firefox up to be all on the same bar, This is what Mine looks like;

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/huntermrose/personal/firefoxbar.png
what is that theme you got going on firefox.....thats awesome! and where do you get themes like that from?

here's what mine looks like
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/431e5402z33743d4e/c8f8/__sr_/8685.jpg?phEnlHDBhyuXWIzf

Yeah, It was built from the ground up instead of Internet explorer which keeps adding on to previous versions leaving holes for malware to exploit. Most programmers of malware don't know how to exploit firefox, not to mention if there is a hole firefox has so many people working on it itll get fixes fast.

And To add on to what jac said, It loads webpages more quickly as well, Since its a straight forward program it only has so many tasks to fulfill, Internet Explorer is built in to a windows system and has so many programs accessing it at once it slows it down.

~~~~~~~~~

To Elmonomalo: Yes, Open Source is the best, Thats Why I prefer linux to Windows. I normally use Gentoo, But ever since I switched to this PC I havent been allowed to install linux

Reason Open source is good is because You can edit the actual code to get it how you want it instead of Microsofts view of "Less options, less chances for the user to f*** up"

If you ask me, I like to f*** up every once in a while when Im editting things around. lol Its a learning experience

~~~~~~~~~

To Tommy Boy: I got the theme for Firefox here https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=101
and If you were talking about the Title Bar I can give you the file for it, Supposing you have XP. (I got it from themexp.org, But it comes in an exe format that installs those pesky little toolbars in IE)

Oh Thats another reason Firefox is good, It doesnt have those annoying toolbars that IE has lol

No... ubuntu man... lol... I used fedora redhat for a while... ubuntu is the best for me...

I'm on FF now, but I might get rid. Here's why:

-> Lack of compatibility (sites are built with IE in mind, but even other non MS browsers have better compatibility with Flash etc)

-> Instability (crashes if you have more than 6 tabs downloading at once - when it crashes it takes AGES to start up again, often up to 2 minutes on a dual core AMD, with HDD thrashing so hard you think it's going to break).

-> Can't handle Java applets properly

-> It's not really that customisable, all you can do is change the skin and put in extensions. And that about:config thing is completely undocumented, so it's useless.

-> Virtually no features. Pure Mozilla is much better than this.

Yes, I'm thinking I might give ordinary Mozilla another go. It's got all the Firefox features plus shedloads more, and it's far more stable.

Back
Top Bottom