Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Question Is it a Firefox issue?

Firefox is starting to get buggier (I think)

Facebook images were running epic until yesterday. When I went to my friends profile the profile picture would take a long time to load. I would just see their name with a highlighted link. After about 30 seconds to a minute the picture finally loaded...I am assuming this is Firefox just being buggy?
__________________

__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Most likely a server issue. I doubt it was your browser.
__________________

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Thats why I ditched it last year for Opera and Chrome.

I also don't like how it gobbles up RAM as you browse. I actually tried to see how much memory I could get Firefox to use and gave up at just under 2GB and half a days browsing!!!
__________________
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
Thats why I ditched it last year for Opera and Chrome.

I also don't like how it gobbles up RAM as you browse. I actually tried to see how much memory I could get Firefox to use and gave up at just under 2GB and half a days browsing!!!
I got it to 3.6 in about 15 minutes. Then it crashed.

Firefox is pretty bad nowadays. Way better than IE, but there are better browsers.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 3,390
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
I got it to 3.6 in about 15 minutes. Then it crashed.
lol! Thats the way to do it!

Hell, next time i'm bored i'll see how far I get with it.
__________________
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
lol! Thats the way to do it!

Hell, next time i'm bored i'll see how far I get with it.
Make it load pi to 1 billion places.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I got it to 3.6 in about 15 minutes. Then it crashed.

Firefox is pretty bad nowadays. Way better than IE, but there are better browsers.
^ Foot +1. Firefox was beast in the start. Now it was like Presidents Bush's approval ratings =(
__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
Site Team
 
berry120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 3,425
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

I still maintain that at least 90% of problems people experience with firefox are due to badly coded / runaway plugins rather than firefox itself. Quicktime is a notorious one - I've had many issues with that over the years that I've blamed on firefox before finding the real culprit.
__________________
Save the whales, feed the hungry, free the mallocs.
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Omnicide now.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: My own personal hell
Posts: 10,014
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry120 View Post
I still maintain that at least 90% of problems people experience with firefox are due to badly coded / runaway plugins rather than firefox itself. Quicktime is a notorious one - I've had many issues with that over the years that I've blamed on firefox before finding the real culprit.
firefox and seamonkey use the same plugins, yet firefox uses twice the resources on my netbook. Firefox will actually feeze up at times because the cpu hit 100% load.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Daemon Poster
 
MetalOverlord76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: Is it a Firefox issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfish View Post
Firefox is starting to get buggier (I think)

Facebook images were running epic until yesterday. When I went to my friends profile the profile picture would take a long time to load. I would just see their name with a highlighted link. After about 30 seconds to a minute the picture finally loaded...I am assuming this is Firefox just being buggy?
This happens occasionally when I view youtube profile icons. It's annoying lol
__________________

__________________
Do not trifle with dragons, for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup
MetalOverlord76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0