Firearms? Whos got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is less population in rural areas, hence less crime

Or could be that if your sneakin around my uncles farm in the middle of the night either the dog or his shotgun will get ya.. many criminals know this. There for they will stay out of the outskirts. Cities are where more people dont have guns...Hence more crime.

you for instance will just have to fill in a few forms and provide an ID card, hey presto, gun is yours, a known criminal, or person thought to be likely to commit an offence will go through the same form filling process, but be denied a weapon.
This check is an FBI database check for any felonies, and mistormeaners pertaining to sex crimes and domesic abuse.. Even if you have gotten an assult and battery charge. You will get denied ownership of a crime.. That to me is proof enough that I am responsible enough..

two years ago..
Local police officer. Suitin up in the locker room, holstering his weapon fires a shot through his outer theigh and into his foot.

He's now teach gun safty in schools. he has three years left of that.. he is also still an officer of the law btw.

Now are you going to call that responsible? Should he have his privledge of owning a weapon removed and allow him to patrol the streets with nothing but his night stick and mace?

BuzzStPoint said:
Or could be that if your sneakin around my uncles farm in the middle of the night either the dog or his shotgun will get ya.. many criminals know this.

they also know that they can get off scott free, and sue the farmer if he shoots them... take Tony Martin, the farmer that shot the little brats that kept on breaking into his farmhouse at night, he did that out of self protection, but still ended up in jail...

they also know that they can get off scott free, and sue the farmer if he shoots them... take Tony Martin, the farmer that shot the little brats that kept on breaking into his farmhouse at night, he did that out of self protection, but still ended up in jail...
If they broke into my uncles place they better have some proof there were there or going there.. Better tell thier buddies they are going there because they wont make it out alive.

My family deals in old time values. And yes, I know the Pledge and fly an American Flag out side. I thank the Military when I get the chance and I have the deepest respect for them and my country for the rights they have provided for me. This is the way I was brought up and this is the way I am bringing up my children. My kids respet me and dont sas off. They do as they are told, mind there manners, and are polite to others. Basically if you will, old time values..

I got wipped when I did wrong and my children have gotten wipped when they have done wrong. Even though parents can get into trouble just by yelling at thier children too much.. It's called verbal abuse.. I think it's horsecrap.

But we are straying from the point again.

root,
We already have licensing and registration of firearms and that is as it should be. and there are rules that have to be obeyed in the ownership of that firearm. These rulles have been adequately inforced and are sufficent within the act of confining the criminal element from aquirig firearms. The problem is that over zealous self righteous individuals wish to not restrict the purchasing of firearms but restrict a basic individual right... that being to purchase if we so desire. To have to prove that i am capable of any "Right" is in itself redundant to the Constitutional Issue guranteeing me that right. And that I am not going to give up lightly.
Our 'Bill of Rights" as declared gives us the gurantees to do certain things and they should never be infringed upon. And yes we do have the right to "bare" arms.. and it has been upheld within our courts that it means to be able to own them for whatever reason we deem. with no restrictions as to why I wish to own a firearm... Now to have to prove that I am responsible to own it is another blow against the Bill Of Rights...and The Constitution, In as such that I am created EQUAL to any other citizen here and that there be no restrictions on that equality> thus who am I having to prove my rights to? a moron with hysterical thoughts? an over zealous self righteous individual that doesn't know who or what I am? A religeous clergy that knows that I am not of his faith?.... A government agent that was installed by a member of congress that I did not vote for. Absolutly not. I will not prove that I am capable of obtaining my rights to them. Let them come forth and accuse me of not being capable... ant that is what our laws say too. That we are all innocent till proven guilty. But to listen to you I am guilty of something that prevents me from a guaranteed right.
Now owning a gun here is a right...it is not a priviledge. It is our right to own one if we should choose the option. And in as such... a "right" to do something should never be infringed upon as that in itself restricts that "right". And our highest court has upheld it as being so.... An Unifringed Right.
"Rights" are there to protect us from undue process of restriction by others. They are there for OUR protection from priviledge... or abusive authority and it is not a viewing of something that has to be done by an individual but as a protection from others of doing something to us, To guarantee that we as Americans as a whole or individually shall not be deemed less than any others.

Buzz,
One of the guns I had was a custom built 25/06 with a myrtle wood stock and thumb hole grip. This was used with a old weaver 4 to 12 varible with range finder. I used to reload all my own shells and all. I had a nice setup using RCBS
resizers and scales and dies. Use to set hours on end resizing 30 cal down to 25. It was a great varmit gun.. and extremely fun to shoot. over all favorite though was my 28gage browning semi-auto.So light could carry it all day hunting rabbits or birds
I had a couple of old military guns also..a 30 cal carbine, now that guy was really fun to let lose with at some cans and stuff. I had an old enfield I got through mailorder when I joined the NRA in 1960 I think it was. Nice gun but with all the stock way to heavy so I converted it over to a sport and killed many a deer with it. Then I had my grandfathers winchester 94 sadle gun in 38/40 cal that I have actually hunted bear and mountain lions with.. That was one of the best overall rifles that have ever been built. Almost indestructable and totally reliable. My brother got the colt that was also chambered as 38/40 to go with it.
I owned a few handguns but only used them for target practice..
had a smith/wesson 357 with a four power scope that was fun to plink with.
Then had the ruger blackhawk in 44 cal with a 10" barrel. I was into American Society of Steel Target Shooters and was pretty accurate with it at 200 meters shooting ram targets. Others would use these 38 and 9mm and shoot the targets and you would hear them plink on the steel. Me I would let go with that canon and watch that target fall over. There was never no doubt to whether I missed or not.

BuzzStPoint said:
If they broke into my uncles place they better have some proof there were there or going there.. Better tell thier buddies they are going there because they wont make it out alive.

My family deals in old time values. And yes, I know the Pledge and fly an American Flag out side. I thank the Military when I get the chance and I have the deepest respect for them and my country for the rights they have provided for me. This is the way I was brought up and this is the way I am bringing up my children. My kids respet me and dont sas off. They do as they are told, mind there manners, and are polite to others. Basically if you will, old time values..

Almost the same way I was brought up, with the manners, do as your told, and be very polite. Too bad not many kids these times have those.
As for the whippin', I have a different view. But as for the shooting of criminals on your property, I do the following for mine: If a criminal comes snooping around, I'll grab what I need and tell him/her to get the heck out of here. If he/she threatens me or my family, he/she will get one in the leg. After that, my dogs, myself, and a gun will be on top of them in no time flat. Sherrif comes, arrests him, and I go back to sleep. If they sue, I was protecting my family. Simple. Period. Done.

Lurkswithin and BuzzStPoint: Your posts are making me stupid just reading them. Poor grammar and spelling aside, your examples and points are very unsupportive of your argument. You both are making no sense. I made my points (even though you guys couldn't understand them), and, if anyone else cares, they understand what I'm trying to say. I think the horse is a bloody pulp now....

lurkswithin

I'm certianly glad you came into this.. As I am not good at explaining my points. I know what I want to say just can't put it out there.. Well said.. I'd draw you a sixpack if i knew how :)

I thought about reloading.. Looked into some starter kits but the cost of all the equipment didnt weight against the cost of 9mm rounds. I would have taken me a long time to "make/save" money by reloadind.

I hear people shoot at like 25-50 and even 75-100 yards with a pistol.. Makes me feel very amaturish.. I can get consitant bulls at about 30 feet (10yards).

Story time..
I was at the range fired about 100 rounds into three paper targets. ranging from 30-40 feet. Kinda discouraged because it was all over the paper. This guy walked up just to check things out. I begain to talk and told him about my shooting.. He made me feel tons better. He said:
"if you are learning to shoot for protection, Most shooting in the home is from about 25-30 feet, About a hallway distance."
He then held up the paper to his chest and said now. I see about 20 holes in the paper.. Everyone of them made the center mass.. I'd be afraid to enter your home.

I thought that was way cool.. Now I'm not that great of a shot, nor do I enter competitions. I just like going out and firing off some rounds.

spank_fusion said:
Lurkswithin and BuzzStPoint: Your posts are making me stupid just reading them. Poor grammar and spelling aside, your examples and points are very unsupportive of your argument. You both are making no sense. I made my points (even though you guys couldn't understand them), and, if anyone else cares, they understand what I'm trying to say. I think the horse is a bloody pulp now....

Ok.. so lets review..

I am so far..
A crazy american
Irresponsible
I have poor grammer
I have poor spelling skills
I make no sence
and I have no valid points for my arguments..

BAN ALL GUNS!! WOO HOO.. Then i walk away from you shaking my head.

Now attacking someone because they have a hard time spelling or grammer issues and have a hard time explaining what they want to say is punching below the belt.. For that I slap you in the head with a big wet trout.

Well, I wouldn't want anybody that can't spell simple words to carry a gun. Anyway, once again I'm not fighting for a ban. This is what I mean when I say you are not understanding me. There's no point in arguing any more, so I'm not going to. Have your fun with your guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom