Finally! A new computer in my hands!

I'm on the verge of ordering a laptop. That was the only condition in which I could get a new computer, it had to be a laptop. But before I can order it, I need to sell my current computer. Good news is I have a buyer. My friend wants it. Today, he ordered a wireless router and a wireless adapter for this computer that he is supposedly going to buy tomorrow. My dad won't let me order until I get the money. The laptop I'm buying is this one:

EDIT: My dad fussed over the laptop again because of resolution. We're looking between a custom Vostro 1500 & XPS M1530.

I can't wait until Wednesday, assuming I order this tomorrow. I know this is not the Software/Hardware part of the forums and that I have had a similar post there, but any comments about my order are welcome.

This thread was mostly to share my excitement with my fellow CF user.

Thank you for your time,
JogaBonito1502

Yeah. I'm so pumped you have no idea. I just want this weekend to be over, lol. Or maybe they should count weekend as business days...

The Vostro is for mainstream business users while the XPS is catered to consumers who are into multimedia.

Man, I want to. But it's like $1400. My dad is going to see if he can get some discounts on it because he works at a higher education facility.

@01001010: Why couldn't I use the Vostro for multimedia? I mean...I'm going to Vista Home P. instead of Vista Business. I turned off all the extra software crap. I got the nVidia 8600M GT (256mb) with it. 2.2 GHz (3MB, 800MHz). 250GB SATA. 3gigs Ram. what's wrong with that?

I said it was suited for mainstream business users, meaning it won't come with touch sensitive buttons and all the other fancy multimedia features that consumers love.

Oh. I understand. Well, I'm going to see if I can convince my dad to spend a little bit extra to the XPS. I'll be like: yeah, all my friends who know about computers are saying the xps is one of the best buys. lol.

Those don't sound like too bad of spec's for the Vostro although the 800Mhz FSB cpu is kind of slow and the 8600m GT isn't that powerful of a card.

Its going to be hard to get at least a 1066FSB cpu and a better graphic's card without spending $$$

If thats what you have to go with it should still play most games although you'll have to dial down some settings.

I'm not big into laptops although I've thought of buying one. But I'm not looking for a desktop replacement like you are. So if I was you I'd save a bit longer or get your dad into going a little bit higher end on the cpu/gpu.

Look at it this way your going to have a compromise somewhere. Laptops are portable and really convenient but they lack the bang for buck a desktop will deliver. I would think that a 1k desktop gaming system would be about equivalent to that of a 3k laptop gaming system.

I could never see owning just a laptop since I'm a power user and upgrading a desktop is so much easier and cheaper. Although a laptop for a secondary computer and travel would be nice. Plus with wireless built in just hook it to a router and you can get online anywhere in your house which is also nice.

The 8600 GT is the perfect balance of performance and mobility, and compared with other offerings - it's one of the best cards available on notebooks today. You shouldn't get a notebook if you're looking for the best graphics performance.

Back
Top Bottom