Finally! My Dream Is Going To Be Realised!

If anyone remembers ages ago i wanted to build an arcade cabinet - Now that i have a job,it's going to happen!

I Just bought this cab,i pick it up on the weekend:

sega_touring_car_23936_4637_1.jpg

Im Planning to touch it up (Cosmetically) and then Modify a Logitech G25 to Fit in the Existing Steering Area (if not,I'll make my own) and then Build a Gaming rig (2.7Ghz x2,2gb ram,4350 512mb) and run a Sega II Emulator on it (To Play Sega Rally,Daytone and Touring car) and some PC Games Like GRiD,TDU and a few others!

Whats everyone think :D

Nice, I hope you pull through with this.

If it was me, I wouldve half assed it, and gave up until I find somebody to help me. :D

Nice dude.

I'm building one too if you remember and still have tons of work to do (it got put on the back burner for a while, also my LCD monitor died so I'm currently using the crappy 19" CRT I was gonna use for that as my main PC monitor).

I had a chance to fool around with a cpanel layout to see if it was comfortable - it wasn't. So I'm gonna try adjusting some measurements between buttons, or some other layout types.

Oh and if you use IL buttons don't make the mistake of drilling 1" holes when you're supposed to drill 1-1/8" ones. :(
lol

Don't think you'll have that problem though. Good luck with the build and keep us up to date.

Nice dude.

I'm building one too if you remember and still have tons of work to do (it got put on the back burner for a while, also my LCD monitor died so I'm currently using the crappy 19" CRT I was gonna use for that as my main PC monitor).

I had a chance to fool around with a cpanel layout to see if it was comfortable - it wasn't. So I'm gonna try adjusting some measurements between buttons, or some other layout types.

Oh and if you use IL buttons don't make the mistake of drilling 1" holes when you're supposed to drill 1-1/8" ones. :(
lol

Don't think you'll have that problem though. Good luck with the build and keep us up to date.

Well Hopefully i'll be able to convert the 40" Rear projection Monitor that comes with this cabinet,i might have to use something like this though.

I Dont think i'll need to use arcade buttons though,i may just need a couple (Insert Coin,Player 1 And Exit).

Awesome idea, and Im glad its finally coming true for you. Let us know some progress updates on it, this is very interesting.

Yeah that is Awesome man...:D:D Dont forget to keep us updated because I really would like to see the finished product...:D:D:D

Yeah i'll definitely keep everyone updated!

At the moment im still trying to figure out how im going to out put to the monitor,any idea D-lew?

Back
Top Bottom