Finally made the switch to LCD!

Yeah she said yes!

YES!

Since I had my first computer? The CRT I just threw out was a Viewsonic 19 inch flatglass. Not bad but it was REALLY BIG.

Lol my computers so pimp I got a flat panel!

Nope I didn't see it what happened to the old one?
It died, I'd had it three years, it was a 15" Relysis.

why get a 8500 lhuser? you could just get like 10 bucks and buy the 8600GT

ncix.com has really good deals
In our family, internet buying isn't supported. The 8500 is around 131 and the others, well around 20 more. I had a budget of 260, and that's what it costed me. If it wasn't from my mother's gift I bought (Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3200), I would have gone with the 8600GT.

Oh well, there isn't much difference between the two..except...mine has 512MB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814122029

Oh well, I chose it, because it fitted my needs. It's not a terrible card either. I might have said the opposite if it owuld have been a 8400GS.

I have an LCD, a Samsung 206BW.

Found that when playing games and videos with DVI on monitor and video card, a lot of banding occured with colours. Switched to VGA and its perfect.

So I've noticed a positive point about using VGA. Least on my monitor.
If you see the same thing, switch back :)

I use a 19" CRT, it's so nice for darker themed games like FEAR, Quake4, Doom3, etc..

I'm gonna hook it up to an xbox 360 later, and buy a new LCD for my PC. Gonna be sweet.

CRTs can last forever it seems.. I have a Packard Bell 15" CRT from August of 1995. Still kickin!

itemsklkljl;_3.jpg

I removed the speakers on mine though.

I use a 19" CRT, it's so nice for darker themed games like FEAR, Quake4, Doom3, etc..

I'm gonna hook it up to an xbox 360 later, and buy a new LCD for my PC. Gonna be sweet.

CRTs can last forever it seems.. I have a Packard Bell 15" CRT from August of 1995. Still kickin!

itemsklkljl;_3.jpg

I removed the speakers on mine though.

YEah CRT's are pretty tough... They're big though. I always thought my CRT was way better than a LCD (19 inch, flat glass, gloss finish) I thought it was better than LCD because of the darkness etc. But LCD is so much better, it weighs about 5 pounds (my CRT weighed in at 40) and you can press a button and it automatically plays with the picture and sets it and then adjusts the colors and the noise/sharpness et cetera. I remember spending hours adjusting my CRT just to get the picture to fit.

yeah, CRT's do have an advantage over LCD's and that is life...

I have a Packard Bell from like '85 that still works (the monitor AND the computer)

and a monitor for a Mac from around the same time period (the monitor and comp still work, too)

YEah CRT's are pretty tough... They're big though. I always thought my CRT was way better than a LCD (19 inch, flat glass, gloss finish) I thought it was better than LCD because of the darkness etc. But LCD is so much better, it weighs about 5 pounds (my CRT weighed in at 40) and you can press a button and it automatically plays with the picture and sets it and then adjusts the colors and the noise/sharpness et cetera. I remember spending hours adjusting my CRT just to get the picture to fit.

Hours?... 5-10 seconds maybe..

Back
Top Bottom