Finally fixed my remote fob...

Celery

Golden Master
For good! :lol:

The tabs broke off on my remote fob so I glued a key ring to it and it worked til I dropped it. Fixed it again and dropped it again. I guess the Gorilla Glue ain't that good.

So I decided I'd get some Epoxy and glue the key ring on again. At my desk I realized that the key ring don't really have much mating surface so I thought what will work huh?

Then it hit me. An old key. That's it, that'll work. :thumb:

Attachments

• S5030458.jpg
    S5030458.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5
  • S5030459.jpg
    S5030459.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5
We had moments like that. Our laptop monitor for example, had a wire lose. It took us a while to figure out that dell still covered it through warentee, so Cynthia was like "Jam it into place with somthing!". I found an old pencil, and it worked very well. :lol:

Wouldn't it be nice to have a 3d printer? then you could just whip up a new enclosure for it.

If you have a scanner feature on your 3D printer, you can scan it to a file then correct the defects and print out the fixed version.

Celery, you remind me of my dad. He was raised during the depression so would Jerry rig stuff to keep it going, often spending more on that then if he just replaced it.

We had 7 lawn mowers but only 1 worked at any given time. He would swap parts around to keep one going. None of the mowers recoil rope starter apparatus worked so he stuck a socket in an electric drill and we would use the drill to crank the engine to start it.

Pretty much what I did too. Since I'm mechanically inclined and handy with tools plus a good imagination I fabricated things out of scrap.

Back
Top Bottom