finally did it!

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I finally upgraded to vista home premium. It's awesome, a lot better than I thought it would be. It was slow at first because I had a lot of junk programs on my PC that I didn't need but once I got it up and running it ran fine. Also AVG wouldn't work for some reason, it's the latest version but the resident shield would not come on so for now I'm using avira. Anyways, vista is great a heck of a lot better than XP I think. No driver issues so far, everything transferred fine since I didn't do a clean install. I'll post a review when I get more time but so far it's awesome!

lol glad you like it. i felt like that when i first used it. now i just cant be bothered with it yet. when i get a new pc i will put vista on then but atm i think ill stick with xp (i also cba to re download vista as i lost the disc i made)

Ah, nice, I was so excited about getting Vista before it was released, but now I can't be bothered with it, I question the reliability of my system with full-fledged Vista, so until I build another computer, I'll be keeping my distance. :D

AVG is gobshite. I've run it on two versions of Vista and it's caused lockups, crashes and a 3 year startup time.

AVG is gobshite. I've run it on two versions of Vista and it's caused lockups, crashes and a 3 year startup time.

I did notice that when I installed it, I had some odd lockups and it slowed down a little bit. I'm fine with avira for now, I also like that it has rootkit detection now. AVG doesn't have that and the free edition of their anti rootkit doesn't remove stuff, it only detects it.

i never had any problems with avg when i used vista, that was about a week after it came out

Back
Top Bottom