Finallly

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I've had a lot of difficulties finding a webhoster, and then I had misstyped my e-mail address and etc just generally I ran into a lot of problems with the overall experience of sitting up a website. BUt here it is

www.kmcpc.com

Me and my the guy who is working for me will be adding more content later tonight.

Bädgêr™ said:
No such thing.
actually there is such thing, you can direct link to your account on their hosting, like "jtom617.dajoob.com/stuff/tutorial.avi" and you can link it to your site for people to download, without your bandwith hassle! its pretty great site, and it IS free, if you want a domain, those are cheep, but they have plenty of things without ads, you should look in before you speak, cause i've been using them for about 2 months, and no hiccups.. :)

note: they say that to cover their selves, but i have put up a 400mb file, and didnt have a issue, and i'm assuming thats alot of MBs too, especially not your your space.

No there isn't. There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, or space. I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

A host, especially a free one, will always have a limit. They're not going to buy a terabyte of space just for you. Once your site uses too much resources, they'll shut it down. It's a term known as overselling. They're also not going to allow you to transfer terabyte of bandwidth on their servers. Supposedly, if that was true, why does this site, along with others have to pay a large bill a month for hosting? Do your research. There's a reason why I pay 20 bucks a month to host my site.

This statement is especially true when it comes to web hosting, many companies will try to appeal to you with ridiculously low prices and tons of space and bandwidth (I'll explain what that is later on). Let's think logically for a few minutes, if you have an apple and want to share it with your friends, you'll cut it into smaller pieces. Now let's say you want to share your one apple with 200 of your friends, they'll be stuck with small pieces and call you cheap. Here's how this relates to the hosting industry, when you're paying $2 for 200 GB bandwidth and 20 GB of space the company has to put a huge amount of people on one server to break even, so what happens is that the server becomes overloaded, and as punishment for falling for a scam like this your site may be very slow, or have lots of downtime.

Unlimited bandwidth and web space

In web hosting industry, the adage "you get what you pay for" is almost universally applicable. Do not fall for hosts offering unlimited allowances, as there is no unlimited bandwidth, nor unlimited web space. Host's pay for each GB of bandwidth themselves. Hard drives also aren't free, so how can they say it's unlimited? They simply are performing false advertising in order to attract customers. The average website doesn't use more than 1GB of bandwidth per month; the customer is happy as he bought something "unlimited" and the host gets a new customer, which won't cost them any more than $1-2 USD per month. But imagine what would happen if I had a website, burning much more bandwidth than an average site does, and I signed up with a hosting company offering unlimited traffic? The host would simply suspend my account and tell me, that it was using too much bandwidth. There even are companies which offer unlimited bandwidth and have a statement on their terms of service, explaining that unlimited bandwidth means 40GB, for example.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bädgêr™'s right. I joined there and I ran out of room trying to upload a 500kb forum. So I made a new one and that Unlimited Space was about 100kb's free That I got from that site. So really there unlimited space is more like I dont gave a #4it about you and give you 500kb's of room to uploading some txt file. Sounds like fun EH!!

Back
Top Bottom