So i have to present an Film Composer for my Music Appreciation Class. The assignement said it has to be an Classical style Film Composer.
How do i tell if thier music is classical style?
I was thinking of doing Nobuo Uematsu, the composer for SE, famous for doing Final Fantasy Song. I was going to present a song from the movie Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. But out of all them tracks, which one seems more of classical style?
The style of Uematsu's compositions is diverse, ranging from stately classical symphonic pieces and heavy metal to New Age and hyper-percussive techno-electronica.
CD 1 -
1. "Opening" 1:31
2. "The Promised Land" (約束の地～The Promised Land～ Yakusoku no Chi ~The Promised Land~) 2:52
3. "Beyond the Wasteland" 4:14
4. "Sign" 1:49
5. "Tifa's Theme (Piano Version)" (ティファのテーマ (Piano Version) Tifa no Tēma (Piano Version)) 4:23
6. "For the Reunion" 2:32
7. "Let the Battles Begin! (Piano Version)" (闘う者達 (Piano Version) Tatakau Monotachi (Piano Version)) 4:00
8. "Water" 2:21
9. "Materia" 0:53
10. "Black Water" 2:40
11. "Aerith's Theme (Piano Version)" (エアリスのテーマ (Piano Version) Earisu no Tēma (Piano Version)) 4:07
12. "Battle in the Forgotten City" 3:25
13. "Violator" 2:35
14. "The North Cave (FFVII AC Version)" (北の大空洞 (FFVII AC Version) Kita no Daikūdō (FFVII AC Version)) 1:52
CD 2 -
1. "Divinity I" (天来～Divinity I～ Tenrai ~Divinity I~) 2:58
2. "Let the Battles Begin! (FFVII AC Version)" (闘う者達 (FFVII AC Version) Tatakau Monotachi (FFVII AC Version)) 2:04
3. "Fight On! (FFVII AC Version)" (更に闘う者達 (FFVII AC Version) Sarani Tatakau Monotachi (FFVII AC Version)) 4:28
4. "Divinity II" (天来～Divinity II～ Tenrai ~Dvinity II~) 3:39
5. "Encounter" 0:57
6. "The Chase of Highway" 4:38
7. "Savior" 2:20
8. "Jenova (FFVII AC Version)" (J-E-N-O-V-A (FFVII AC version)) 2:50
9. "Advent: One-Winged Angel" (再臨：片翼の天使～Advent: One-Winged Angel～ Sairin: Katayoku no Tenshi ~Advent: One-Winged Angel~) 6:11
10. "Cloud Smiles" 3:33
11. "End Credits" 5:40
12. "Calling" 5:03
i know it seems long, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try to find links of the songs on youtube. But i will do it later.
Assignment (could ignore if you want)
You must turn in a bibliography when you do the presentation listing the sources you used. You must have at least one book source other than the internet, with a total of at least 3 sources. The information in this report is less specific than the information in the concert report. The things I will look for are a biography of the composer (where he was born, who were his parents and what was their occupation, where did he grow up, where did he go for his education, when and where did he die, etc.) I also want to know about the composers’ music. What period of history were they writing in? DO NOT PICK SOMEONE THAT IS ON THE CDs. Also, be sure to pick a classical style composer, not a pop, rock, or jazz musician. What styles and forms did the composer write? Did they write more vocal or instrumental music? Pick a few pieces to examine more thoroughly. You must bring in a listening example to play for the class. Libraries often have a good classical music selection of CDs you can check out if you would rather not purchase the CD yourself. You need to listen to and analyze the music before you play it for the class. You need to tell the class about the music. What instruments are used, what kind of piece is it, what was it written for, what is the form, etc. Therefore, your presentation should be composed of four large sections including an introduction at the beginning and summary at the end: