Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Fedex vs UPS

Okay.

I can get free Fedex Shipping (3 businessdays) OR Free UPS Ground shipping (4-7?) for free on a package that is heavy as heck (new speakers with a honkin' sub). I've had nothing but sunshine and joy with UPS, they'd deliver to my door (USPS never does that, once they tossed a package out in the snow and it got run over by a car) and knock and leave a note if nobody answered, and it was always timely. I've never dealt with Fedex before, I hear some scary stuff about them, but, about UPS as well. What do you think? UPS or Fedex? The price to get the speakers is the same nontheless, just Fedex is quicker, but, I'd rather wait an extra 2 or 3 days if it means more security of my package.

Vote! =D

NeciFiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Fedex vs UPS

I would say UPS. They have never failed me, and their tracking is a little better than the others. Fedex is ok, they've just damaged a few boxes so bad that my receiver (Acer) refused them so I had to re-box them. Turned out into an even longer wait for my customer at work...

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

Ups Destroys Shit
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

I perfer UPS. Never had a problem with them yet. The drivers around here are cool.

We've had a couple delivered by FedEx, and i wasn't at all impressed by the driver. he basically dropped the package at the door, knocked quickly on the door, and hurried off to his truck. He was driving away by the time I opened the door.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
In Runtime

I prefer Fedex, they are quite reputable, so are UPS but i just prefer Fedex, haven't had any issues with them.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz | Asus P5Q SE | Kingston 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500GB |Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB | Cooler Master Pro 550W | LG W2242T 22" | Thermal Take Soprano RS100 | Windows XP Pro | Fedora |
Vipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
I perfer UPS. Never had a problem with them yet. The drivers around here are cool.

We've had a couple delivered by FedEx, and i wasn't at all impressed by the driver. he basically dropped the package at the door, knocked quickly on the door, and hurried off to his truck. He was driving away by the time I opened the door.
The knock and run away is only if the package can be delivered without a signature.

FedEx is by FAR better than UPS.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
In Runtime

Well, turns out the site offering free FedEx shipping actually has them BACKordered, so, it wouldn't matter anyway if I got free 3 day shipping if they are out of stock lol, I just ordered them from Newegg using UPS Ground shipping. But, I will try Fedex in the future thanks to your testimonies.
NeciFiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

What is DHL chopped meat? I work in a mailroom for a university and I can tell you guys that they're all the same whether they're from UPS, FedEx, or DHL. They all throw packages around their trucks and vans and as long as they get them signed for they don't really care. Then I get them and throw them around some more
Old 12-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

I've never had a problem with either of them. They both get me my packages which is all I really care about.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

UPS does not honor Fragile warnings. I've seen their drivers throw packages onto porches, and run off. Fedex honors the Fragile warnings if its in approved packaging, but their customer support blows I geuss.