Fed up of my flaming parents.

joxley1990

Golden Master
For god sakes I hate them, I work all weekend, on friday from 4 until 11 o clock, and the same on saturday until 12 (Finshed early tonight). I get paid very little, im only 15 and have a job in a chippy, and I need the money so bad. I walk in, shatterd, I get my money out the pockets and they have GOT to have at least half of it, for "stayin in the house". I got 50 pounds this weekend, and now, I got 10.

10 pounds for 15 hours working I made out of it. Im fed up of it.

This may seem like a pointless thread but I want to express my feelings.
They make me pay for soap, and toothbrushes, food.
I hate them, so much.

...your 15, and they DEMAND that much of your pay? that is F***ing bull sh*t... my sister lived here til she was 25, and my parents never did that...

That is pretty horrible :(

You shouldn't have to pay for being in the house since they can't officially let you walk out yet. You need to be 18 before they can make a decision like that, so in terms of that, you shouldn't have to pay up until your 18.

My brother has only just started paying for food, and hes 21!

Yeah, plus hes on a full job now. They wouldn't have done it, if he was only earning part time like joxley1990 is. Thats just unfair... Read my post above, and you may understand why.

Whoa, thats bad. You shouldn't need to pay for all those things since it's your parent's responsibility to take care of you until you're 18. Then they can kick you out or start charging you to stay at home.

i have to pay £140 a month, but ive got a full time job... before your 18, you shouldnt have to pay housekeeping IMO

i feel sorry for you...

Im actually really upset. I need a good cry, if I wasnt in school, and just in the way, and had a decent paying job, ide be like yeah thats fair enough. I stay in my room, most of the time get free food from my work anyway.

Oh yeah, and they want to start getting a meter in my room calculating how much power I am using so they can start charging me.

Quote from dad
"Your computer and the monitor take up more power than everything else in the house put together - and proberley next doors"

Ok, wait, so my two computers, and three monitors take up more power than.. two houses..yeah.

wow..thats just...wow... and i'm sure they completely over look the fact that the average light bulb takes up 100 watts... so lets see... 4 lights on....that would take up more power than my pc does right now..(with monitor off anyway)

If you are in the UK, then your parents will be receiving child benefit, and also may get child tax benefit if they are eligible to receive it, this is supposed to support with costs of having a child.

That does seem a bit high, I always paid some contribution but that was because I was earning quite a lot in those days. Have you tried talking reasonably with them, telling them how you feel?

Back
Top Bottom