Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #21
Golden Master
 
Thelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,410
Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I like how you put that. Personally, I hate rap, with the exception of a few songs. Honestly, Nelly is the only good rapper in my opinion. All the other stuff i hear is all about drugs, violence, and sex, but not his. That's what I like about Rock, it is about so many things, not just the terrible threes from rap.
Well, I won't disagree with you because yes, Rap is mostly about the bad stuff. However, Most of it is not promoting it, if you were to listen to the lyrics, a lot of rap actually condones that sort of behavior. Eminem was big on the subject, and he constantly kept telling his listeners that living like a rapper is nothing special, etc..

I want to make the point that if there was no rap music, the kids who listen to it religiously would be out on the streets killing and shooting up, so it is doing a lot of good.
__________________

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #22
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Well, I won't disagree with you because yes, Rap is mostly about the bad stuff. However, Most of it is not promoting it, if you were to listen to the lyrics, a lot of rap actually condones that sort of behavior. Eminem was big on the subject, and he constantly kept telling his listeners that living like a rapper is nothing special, etc..

I want to make the point that if there was no rap music, the kids who listen to it religiously would be out on the streets killing and shooting up, so it is doing a lot of good.
I won't say much more, so we don't hijack this thread, but around here, that's all that rap is about on our radio stations, and all the kids who listen to it religiously are involved in one illegal thing or another. Could just be an area thing though.
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #23
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

I chose only metal. I do like other genres too but it's mostly metal for me.
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

I would not consider rap on the radio good rap at all. Especially that Lip Gloss song...ugh. Some of it's not bad, but most is.

Anyway, my favorite rapper is probably Jay-Z. He knows that he's gotta make his songs pop-esque to be successful, but at the same time he talks about meaningful stuff. Eminem is another good one, but he's not so popular.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #25
In Runtime
 
ebens311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 163
Send a message via AIM to ebens311 Send a message via MSN to ebens311
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

I honestly, like many of you on here, really love as many different varieties as I can get to. 90% of the time, when I'm listening to something it's complimenting my mood at the moment. Like last night I was really into the deep south Blues, but this morning I was listening to Techno/Hip-Hop stuff off the Transformers soundtrack. I dig, classical, rock, metal, jazz, swing, blues, reggae, funk, rap, hip-hop, techno...and other side forms really. It just depends on my mood is the main thing.

But freestyler105, you're right...95% of the time, that "rap" on the radio isn't rap...it's over commercialized hip-hop gone in the wrong direction.
__________________
Ad Astra Per Aspera
ebens311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #26
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Then make your own thread about it.

No need to cry about your panties in someone else's thread.
And no need for you to get your panties in a knot over a comment
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #27
Golden Master
 
Thelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,410
Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
I would not consider rap on the radio good rap at all. Especially that Lip Gloss song...ugh. Some of it's not bad, but most is.

Anyway, my favorite rapper is probably Jay-Z. He knows that he's gotta make his songs pop-esque to be successful, but at the same time he talks about meaningful stuff. Eminem is another good one, but he's not so popular.
I believe he still has the record for most selling album lol, not that popular...
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:14 PM   #28
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
I believe he still has the record for most selling album lol, not that popular...
Lots of people really dislike him though. He's extremely loved by some, extremely hated by others.
__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #29
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
Lots of people really dislike him though. He's extremely loved by some, extremely hated by others.
If you are talking about eminem well tbh i dont hate him but i dont love him either its so so , i know a lot of his music is talking about his family and his experiences in life .I dont realy listen to rap but he is a better rapper than all the rest cos what he is rapping about is real stuff that has happened and not blasting ppl away with guns and having sex with hundreds of random women like some other rappers . I dont realy listen to rap but my parents have loads of eminem and i dont mind them playing it and some of his songs are kinda moving so ther is something he has that other rappers just dont . Another thing he aint scared of saying things that are contravertial and touchy subjects for some people . and thats why so many people hate him cos he says it how it is .

ALso i hate people that go around saying oh no eminem i hate him he should be banned . Its pretty simple stuff tbh if you dont like it you dont listen to it come on people how hard is that .
I hate people generaly in life who dont agree with stuff like films and books etc and so call for it to be banned when they have a choice of reading listening etc i just think they are retarded . I also hate people who say it should be banned cos children could hear it what a load of bs honestly if you let your child here it your problem
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #30
Golden Master
 
freestyler105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,883
Default Re: Favorite Genre of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
If you are talking about eminem well tbh i dont hate him but i dont love him either its so so , i know a lot of his music is talking about his family and his experiences in life .I dont realy listen to rap but he is a better rapper than all the rest cos what he is rapping about is real stuff that has happened and not blasting ppl away with guns and having sex with hundreds of random women like some other rappers . I dont realy listen to rap but my parents have loads of eminem and i dont mind them playing it and some of his songs are kinda moving so ther is something he has that other rappers just dont . Another thing he aint scared of saying things that are contravertial and touchy subjects for some people . and thats why so many people hate him cos he says it how it is .
Yep, exactly. Eminem is one of my favorite artists for those reasons. As for music and such being banned, well there's other ways to get it
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0