Favorite CF member, mr.mixx Read this :P

I guess I miss Foothead, she was a great girl and loved posting pics of her projects that she worked on. Like others have said...the merger should bring in a lot more people and hopefully have our community grow and thrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really find it weird that people move on from forums.

Wildcat used to live in a village down the road from where I live, (based on the weather where you are threads) she was young, and so most likely got busy with a job, or going to school etc.

SCC456 was last seen getting married and buying a house. so I expect he got a bit busy. it's not the first time he'll have disappeared for ages without a trace only to come back and start posting again, (coincidentally he lived about ten miles in the opposite direction from me to what Wildcat did!)

Ipwn was threatening to leave his IRL job not so long ago, so I think he may be busy with work and life and such.

Jmacavali has said in the mod lounge that he is very busy with life.

With all these people I would assume that they will come back.
(every long term member myself included) has at one point going from checking in every day, to having a break for one reason or another. and most come back eventually...

(e.g. David Lindon came back, VampirE came back...)

I wonder whatever happened to DudeSe, last time I recall speaking to him was years ago when he was heading off to start university...

99nash has been MIA for a long time now. same for alvino too, G35x, Arrizx, Kage, Atomic rooster, Mark thorpe, raffaz...

the "biggest" old name, that just sort of vanished without trace is Lord Kalthorn, the guy used to make loads of posts every day, (I just looked at his profile page, this very day (spooky conincidence) 9 years ago he made. 41 posts in a single day (not unusual!) then made 1 post in the past nine years, (most unusual).

I do wonder what happened to that guy!

I guess I miss Foothead, she was a great girl and loved posting pics of her projects that she worked on. Like others have said...the merger should bring in a lot more people and hopefully have our community grow and thrive.

I'm still in touch with her on FB and Google chat :)

IPwn is friend outside CF too (sorry, cannot tell where), but he's been quiet for sometime now. Gotta check on him.

Hi root! That was a very nice report about the older members that have left CF.
Very interesting! I never said it was weird that people move on from forums. There are many reasons. There were quite a few in your list. It would be great if they came back and posted what's happened in their life's. It's always good to hear from old friends.
Friends make life worth living for. If I didn't have fiends, there wouldn't be much use for waking up in the morning. I have made several new friends here at CF in my short time being a member. I cherish everyone of them. I may move on ,but I will always remember the times spent here on CF.
True Friends

Best friends stick together till the end,
They are like a straight line that will not bend.

They trust each other forever,
No matter if you're apart you are together.

They can be your hero and save the day,
They will never leave your side they are here to stay.

They help you up when you fall,
Your true friends are best of all.

I think it's just that those were people that were here ALL the time, they were never really quiet.

I'm sure that there is more, I just can't remember them straight off.

The weird thing about iPwn, I used to have him as a friend on Facebook and he was one of the admins on the facebook group but I don't see him as an admin there anymore and he's no longer on my facebook friend's list. Sure hope he's OK.

Hi! If I make a special friendship on forums, I give them my email address in a PM.
I don't bug them for their address, but I'm always willing to except it. I have learned the hard way that you can lose access to forums for various reasons and it's really tough to not be able to contact that fiend. It would be nice if you had your friends address celegrom. You could contact them and see what's going on.
I also hope your friend is OK!
Gary!

the "biggest" old name, that just sort of vanished without trace is Lord Kalthorn, the guy used to make loads of posts every day, (I just looked at his profile page, this very day (spooky conincidence) 9 years ago he made. 41 posts in a single day (not unusual!) then made 1 post in the past nine years, (most unusual).

I do wonder what happened to that guy!

Yep I remember Lord Kalthorn, he was one of CF's biggest posters. Alvino was a large poster too. Also I remember Kage and Slayer too.

I'm still in touch with her on FB and Google chat :)

That's awesome man...

Hi! mixx! Maybe some of these old timers will see these posts you guys are making and drop by. That would really be cool. I have heard that CF use to be a really busy forum. Maybe we will be busy again some day!
Gary!

Yeah, back in the day CF was really busy. Members were making so many threads a day you had to find your thread on page 3 sometimes.

Yes it would be awesome if old members would drop by and see what's going on. I was gone from the forum for about 5 or 6 years then came back. I was so glad that a lot of old members were still here posting. This is the only forum I belong to and it has always been my second home. I remember when David Lindon was the owner of this forum and he was very active on this forum. I'm glad he still pops in from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom