Favorite Aircraft

F-4 Phantom
F-4-Phantom-II-700.jpg

I was aboard the Forrestal for a while and got to see and be near my share of this badass of the skies. She could fly at Mach 2.5 and maintain it. She could track 24 targets and kill 6 or better at a time. she was finally retired after 27 years of faithful service. There are plans to try and resurrect the Tomcat. We'll see...

F-14 Tomcat

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Raptor is built and tested right here not 5 miles from where I sit this moment. Every day it's fair skys one of them is up going through its paces. An F-16 serves as the chase plane while a Blackhack circles the field. And there's the old reliable C-130 Herkybird flying around. Not sure what part it plays. On the other hand they could be targets for the Raptor to track.

YF-22A Raptor

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was aboard the Forrestal for a while and got to see and be near my share of this badass of the skies. She could fly at Mach 2.5 and maintain it. She could track 24 targets and kill 6 or better at a time. she was finally retired after 27 years of faithful service. There are plans to try and resurrect the Tomcat. We'll see...

Did anyone on your ship ever comment on the F-14s engines? I heard they weren't that great.

I also heard the F22 was halted on all further orders... GOOD JOB! not really....

Here China... will let you be better then us...

Did anyone on your ship ever comment on the F-14s engines? I heard they weren't that great.

I don't recall hearing anything overly negative about the engines on the F-14D Super-Tomcats, but I absolutely hated dealing with her manuals-- modded or upgraded avionics would get a generic F-14 mod part number that had nothing to do with the original item part number and there was no pub that told you what the heck it was.

If you weren't an F-14 tech to begin with, you were absolutely lost until one showed up. Their APG-71 radar package was awesome, but a total pain to work with, too-- hydraulically driven and liquid-cooled. You needed to be a damn plumber as well as an avionics tech to work on it.

I think beyond a shadow of a doubt this thread will be mostly military aircraft - so far it has been anyway. Which there is nothing wrong with that at all. :D

Here's one that quickly became a favorite of mine because of the Medal of Honor series: Horten Ho-229
horton_229_2.jpg

One of my favorite commercial jets - It's a complete same all were taken out of service: Concorde
Concorde.jpg

Out of the bomber class aircraft, this one is probably my second favorite - North American XB-70 Valkyrie
xb70_02.jpg

My third most favorite out of the bomber class - B-2 Stealth Bomber
stealth-airplane-b2-bomber.jpg

My favorite of the bomber class - Tupolev Tu-160
tu160.jpg

This plane can rain death of any type - be it biological, nuclear or conventional, from 40,000 feet or more, without endangering the crew in any way. By the time you knew this plane was in the sky, you'd be dead already, as it is capable of carrying some of the longest range weaponry there is. This plane is comparable to the Rockwell B-1a Lancer prototype, which unfortunately never saw the light of day. The B-1b Lancer is used today. It is faster and more agile than some of the advanced fighter jets out there.

That's some more of mine. I have so many, it'd probably take up two or three whole pages on CF, and quite frankly, even though I would love to do something like that, I know I can't.

Here are a few of mine.

Mitsubishi A6M5 "zero"

ZeroChino2006.jpg

P51D

p51D01.jpg

F4U Corsair

Corsair082.jpg

Piper J-3

092508_cub_floats_boaters_ms_plane.jpg

Spirit of St. Louis

charles_lindbergh.png

Here are my favorite ridiculous planes:

Vought V-173

FloydBennett_NY_40s_V-173.jpg

BV-141

BV-141Flying1.jpg

And of course, the Phillips Multiwing plane.

1904_Phillips.jpg

Back
Top Bottom