Favorite Aircraft

What's your favorite aircraft?

I'm a huge fan of the Blackbird SR-71. I'm currently doing research on the Fairey Gannet ASW (and AEW), and that aircraft is really something too!

SR71 here to...

i mean come on, it goes faster then rockets, stealthy, and gets bigger, almost a transformer! lol

I really like the SU-47.

S-37_Berkut.jpg

Good question... I like the A-6E Intruder because it could carry more bombs than anything short of a B-52; the A-10 Warthog has a 30mm cannon specifically made for killing tanks (and the pilot sits in a titanium bathtub). Its engines are so powerful, that you could blow out enough turbine blades that you could see through it and it would still deliver enough power to fly.

I used to be a Hornet mechanic, so I like the F/A-18E/F Superhornets, too.

Someone mention planes? :D Here I am!

5 of my favorites, numbers 1 and 2 absolute in that order, anything else not so much: (shortened to 5 due to picture limit)

1. P-51D Mustang
10772.jpg

Quite possibly the favorite of most aviation enthusiasts. Arguably the best fighter jet produced in WWII.

2. F-22
f-22-11.jpg

Still just a baby compared to it's predecessors, but takes all they can do (F-15 and F-16) and does it faster and better. Also looks good while doing it, and even has stealth capabilities.

3. C-130
c130.jpg

The forefront of transportation in the military. Without the C-130, the military would be in trouble. The C-130 truly is the all-around plane. From a gun-ship that can level an entire city in 10 seconds, to a military transport, to a dropship for food and medical supplies, the C-130 can do whatever you need it to do, whenever you need it, and wherever you need it.

4. Chengdu J-20
Chengdu-J20-Chinese-fifth-generation-fighter-jet.jpg

A bit about this plane- This is supposed to be China's new air superiority fighter. There are rumors that this thing doesn't actually exist, but knowing China, I'm almost positive it does. The first time I saw a picture of this plane - I almost fell out of my chair. This is by far the most intimidating plane filed under "fighter jet." This is actually China's first attempt at a stealth plane, and media speculation states this plane has about the same or better stealth capabilities than the F-22.

5. A-10 II
a10_thunderbolt.jpg

Close air support at it's finest.

Back
Top Bottom