The fall of Microsoft?

crazyjoe16 said:
yup ur right...linux software is free and isn't on the shelves.....probably because it all sucks...

and no u can't emulate all programs you want...not even close

and games...wow...has anyone ever run a wondows game on linux smoothly and successfully before? if one did, it would be in history books... :D

1) Linux is open source, there for, much more secure.
2) You can emulate almost anyprogram that you want, I have successfully done Halo, Halo 2(with help from a friends XBox disc, my dvd-rom drive, and a few windows emulators), CS, and MM2. They tend not to work quite as well, but they DO run.
3) Dont flame me because of your stupidity. That only goes to show how egocentric you truley are.

sorry about freaking out about linux guys

all the things i said r based off of crap i've read about and heard but i have never actually used linux. sorry bout that

money_man said:
lol if i want to keep it i'll just find an old 5gb hard drive or something and hook it up to mine...also i live in canada so for a 40gb hard drive your looking at...$70.00

Haha, I'm sorry. :cool:You're right. I should have seen your location.
--Salut!

lol i realyl just want to try it for a little while...if i like it ill be buying another hard drive just fro linux..oh btw when i do get it going ill be harrassing you guys to help me as i am a 100% noob with linux..oh btw whats a site to download the version AMD_ZEN posted up?

CrazyJoe, use Linux before you badmouth it! It is way better then Windows will ever be, and has far more support and ALMOST ALL the software is FREE!!!

AMD ZEN said:
CrazyJoe, use Linux before you badmouth it! It is way better then Windows will ever be, and has far more support and ALMOST ALL the software is FREE!!!

well im trying to get on your bandwagon, can you post a link to that version of linux you posted earlier, with that picture? i really wanna check it out...also i saw on linux's site i can just burn it to a disc...wouldnt that mean i wouldnt have to put it straight to my hard drive? If theres anything i SHOULD 100% know about using Linux could you tell me? oh im not just talking about AMD_ZEN if anyone can tell me about anything i should know you should tell me

I still think you're all crazy :D

Don't seem to be talking about the subject anymore; but the very idea Microsoft is falling in a year it has consitant profit rising - and growth in the Server and Tools Section in the double digits, 15, 16 something I can't remmember. Windows is constant, as is Office, because most people who have it have it and leave as fast as they come, if they come and leave at all.

Not only Profit; but the only area Microsoft is loosing ground in is Internet Explorer - Linux is taking up space from new areas and old areas, but Microsoft is growing with that and Linux therefore is gaining, Microsoft is not loosing. Purely a problem for this year; as next year there will be a new Operating System out and the Technology that has been allowed to stagnate to a degree and allow things like SuSe to start catching up, and WinE to fix serious Linux problems. Longhorn is a whole new System, once WinFX is released soon afterwards; maybe on Beta at Longhorn release.

India... lol... Governments say a lot of things. Most of the computers in India are on Support Systems for many huge companies with Microsoft Contracts and cheap software and support. The Government amounts to a tiny number of PCs in India, let alone the World. Even if it does change - saying it and implementing it are two vastly different things. They said it would happen in Hamburg; I'm not even sure it has yet - and Germany is has vastly more resources than India. Its just not practical - as Linux is more expensive anyway.

Back
Top Bottom