The fall of Microsoft?

Anyone heard about the people that made Unix wanting to charge companies that give out Linux for free?

Heh, it's far too late to ask for that. The unix kernel has been changed far too much..

good I hope they win so linux gets phased out and people stop whining. heck, linus torvalds himself said he "borrowed" some SCO code to "get him started" in a rare interview in a magazine I read.

OSes need to be unified or no application will work on all and for enterprise scenarios it will lead to higher pain and lots of loss and higher TCO. lots of it!!!

maintenence costs are much higher.

AMD ZEN said:
The Windows Virus has gone to your brain. Point and click syndrome. Get Linux and use that brain of yours using the Terminal.
see soemtimes its a pain in the ass for everyday use and also takes half an hour to do something and could cause companies alot more money for that.

not everyones gonna have time to enter several commands in a terminal to get a simple thing done. lots of people dotn have time for linux and just wanna get stuff doen quicker. specially businesses. and also gives them too much stress to worry about maintianing kernals and no central point of adminstration for large numbers of desktops. tried redhat in enperprise applicatons and it fails misreably. and installing a linux based enterprise app accross more than 1000 systems can be a real pain if those 'grabber" tools in linux dont work with your network.

I can present lots of examples here but im too tired.

heck, linus torvalds himself said he "borrowed" some SCO code to "get him started" in a rare interview in a magazine I read
The only problem with what your saying is that sco did not own the unix source code in 1992 when the first disros started to appear, so how can linus torvalds have borrowed it from sco? Novell owned the unix source code rights at that time and then sold them to sco later. Plus sco are being financially crippled by these lawsuits they are chasing, so they'll probaly go bust before anything happens, plus they're up against IBM who are much, mcuh larger than Sco.

well. that magazine said it I cnat find it anymore I used to ahve that mag but I think it got thrown away a long time ago and ive oved several times since then.

all i could remember is was made by zdnet or cmp.

athlon64fx said:
see soemtimes its a pain in the ass for everyday use and also takes half an hour to do something and could cause companies alot more money for that.

lots of operating systems are like that. the famous blue screen of death. *shudder* i've seen it with xp.

athlon64fx said:
not everyones gonna have time to enter several commands in a terminal to get a simple thing done.

make a script then.

athlon64fx said:
lots of people dotn have time for linux and just wanna get stuff doen quicker. specially businesses. and also gives them too much stress to worry about maintianing kernals

i agree but no one has time for any maintainance. thats why we hire custodians to clean up the hallways. we hire system administrators to maintain the network. the fact that there exists companies that use linux smoothly shows that there are businesses that can manage with linux.

athlon64fx said:
and no central point of adminstration for large numbers of desktops.

i have no idea what the hell you are talkiing about here.

athlon64fx said:
tried redhat in enperprise applicatons and it fails misreably. and installing a linux based enterprise app accross more than 1000 systems can be a real pain if those 'grabber" tools in linux dont work with your network.

then set them up properly. as it is, do not blame the os for faulty software. do you curse windows for the deficiencies of word?

athlon64fx said:
I can present lots of examples here but im too tired.

get some rest then come back and tell us.

Back
Top Bottom