Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #151
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to money_man
Default Re: The fall of Microsoft?

eww after using DVD's i would never go back...dvd's are so much clearer and non of that stupid tracking crap

Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
money_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:29 PM   #152
Baseband Member

Send a message via ICQ to tha_bommer Send a message via AIM to tha_bommer Send a message via MSN to tha_bommer Send a message via Yahoo to tha_bommer

I have a big screen tv thats old so it has no component video or s-video so i have RCAs and COAX connecting everything. I have the dvdplayer on rca and the vhs on coax and since the entire tuner board started to go everything is fuzzy... i have not yet seen the crispness of DVD video.

tha_bommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #153
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Haha, they've stopped selling Video Recorders, Video Tapes and most Videos here in a few major stores.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #154
Fully Optimized

yup same here...if you see commercials on the t.v i havent seen any lately that are VHS also. the big man is almost forcing you to buy a dvd player. although that isnt so bad because of the fact that ni canadian dollars one around here can go as low as $49.99 and on sale they are like $29.99
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
Old 02-04-2005, 06:45 PM   #155
Guru

Haha; The Big Man? People are forcing you to buy DVDs; they're basically cheaper for the content you get they last longer have better quality films and short of Disney Films not yet Mastered there are more things on DVD than Video. You can get DVD Recorders for your TV; there is no use for Video anymore.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #156
Fully Optimized

well lol secret video with a camera in your closet when you have a girl over still have uses dont they???
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081
Old 02-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #157
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Athalon, I still stand firm on my opinion that you don't know enough about linux, because a Linux Firewall cannot be easily destroyed. It's far better then a Windows Firewall.

kalthorn, stop telling people to not use Linux. You don't know Linux. You've only used 1 or 2 distros, and frankly, I didn't like either of them either. I'm sure you've never used the ones that are accualy good. So please just stop telling lies.

Money man, I made a tutorial on installing linux, but it was moved to the Operating System section. It's stickied though

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #158
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to V-Man Send a message via MSN to V-Man Send a message via Yahoo to V-Man

OK, first and foremost, I am impressed at the action in this thread.

Secondly, If you have never used linux PLEASE for GODS SAKE dont post here. You will only be 'dissed' by someone else (lets face facts here. just look at the entire thread)

Thirdly, please go back to my original post, and listen to the NPR clip that I have posted. Thats all I ask. I'm not a moderator, so I can't enforce anything, but a little courtesy would go a long way.

---

OK, back to Linux...

Someone here said that LongHorn was their last distro, right? and I think that LK said that SP2 was based off of Longhorn, right? Well, based on that lone fact, Longhorn is no more secure that SP2. I have successfully hacked past SP2, and ever since I have installed it, my comp runs like shit! I mean, come on! If this is a small glimps at longhorn, than my pr-asessment is: it Sucks! Who knows, MAYBE m$ will have actually done something right for a change.

Anyway, my boot screen is a quote that Bill Gates said at a press conference a long time ago, but it still applies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gates
If you cant make it good, at least make it LOOK good
LG Flatron 26" LCD W2600H [1920x1200] || Logitech z-5500 Digital 505 watt surroundsound || Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard
Compaq 8710w Laptop [1920x1200 res] || 500g SATA drive, 4 Gigs Corsair XMS Memory || nVidia QuadroFX 1700m 512 onboard
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #159
Fully Optimized

I like DVDs cause there is no damn advertising before the film, like VHS. Oh no, Beta.
RADEON X800 PRO
JOIN RG Forums its Hella Good!!!
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #160
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man
OK, back to Linux...

Someone here said that LongHorn was their last distro, right? and I think that LK said that SP2 was based off of Longhorn, right? Well, based on that lone fact, Longhorn is no more secure that SP2. I have successfully hacked past SP2, and ever since I have installed it, my comp runs like shit! I mean, come on! If this is a small glimps at longhorn, than my pr-asessment is: it Sucks! Who knows, MAYBE m$ will have actually done something right for a change.

Anyway, my boot screen is a quote that Bill Gates said at a press conference a long time ago, but it still applies.
Lol; I said SP2 is based on Longhorn from 2003 As that is when they made SP2, most people who follow things like that had SP2 early April/May 2004. Longhorn will not be released until 2006... that's 3 years on from SP2 so to say Longhorn is no more secure than SP2 is silly Longhorn was more secure than SP2 was in September 2004 in September 2003.

Lol; what's that?

There are sometimes locked down adverts at the beginning of a few DVDs. My Day After Tommorow DVD has adverts you can't skip for a minute or so at the beginning.