Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #121
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: The fall of Microsoft?

linux firewalls can be broken wihth one or two commands they are a joke

athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #122
Golden Master

and they smell like dead dogs

Old 02-04-2005, 02:13 PM   #123
In Runtime

Quote:
Is this true rakedog? I doubt very much if it is
dreamweaverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #124
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to vegaslon Send a message via Yahoo to vegaslon

airiox duel booted to linux just like the rest of you and he used suse 9 as well. but face it airiox uses computer to use computers not to screw around and try to install stuff. I mean as long as people who make opensource programs continue to support windows in these programs not many people will switch becouse its alot nicer when you just go through a installer rather then have to install things from a command prompt and sometimes even compile them on linux. sure suse has its premade package format but no one makes packages for suse its always weeks before you can find a package for suse with alot of these open source programs. and when you do you have to know german in order to install the thing. I love linux and all I run servers with it but it is not likely that you are going to find a simple quick installation with it. I mean it took me a month to find all the information I needed to port a movie from a linux machine to a tv. becouse there you go again its a pain to install nvidia drivers and use all the features you take for advantage on windows in linux.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #125
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to DarkBlade

Ok, Gentoo with GUI on is just as easy to use as WindowsXP is, and it is safer, 5X faster, and prettier!! Gentoo PWNS you (Microsoft). Actually, from what I heard, IBM was switching to Linux as well, and a division of Microsoft was caught using Linux... HAHAH! Linux being used at Microsoft's HQ!! Ahahaah!
DarkBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #126
In Runtime

When the worm on google a few months back was causing havock on winodws servers, I read somewhere that microsoft had used a linux box for the automatic updates
dreamweaverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #127
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Quote:
You don't know anything about linux so PLEASE, for the sake of everyone, stay away from this thread.

Quote:
HAHAH! Linux being used at Microsoft's HQ!! Ahahaah!
Hehe. Plus, the director of IE security was caught using Firefox at home and office.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #128
Golden Master

;look I could get a linux cert right now if i wanted to but i dont so to you!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #129
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Umm......... I happen to know a lot more about Linux then you, so that post is pointless... I'm not old enough to get certified, which is why I can't. However, you do not know enought about it, so like I said, please don't post here, it just degrades the thread in a pointless way.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #130
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
You don't know anything about linux so PLEASE, for the sake of everyone, stay away from this thread.

Hehe. Plus, the director of IE security was caught using Firefox at home and office.
Stay away from this Forum? Not very pleasant at all Rakedog To become somebody who knows anything about Linux mean they have to like it? Of all the people here I don't know many people who know more than FX about Networks and such like - which is filled with Linux stuff.

The Director of Internet Explorer Security has that as his perogative - if indeed that is true anyway. Somebody catching him specifically using it at home is unlikely. As for at Office - Firefox is installed in no way at Microsoft on any of the Computers; if you have watched anything from the CIO that becomes obvious. If he installed Firefox he'll be in trouble; which again is less likely because somebody finding him using it at home and finding him using it at Microsoft through god knows how many firewalls it would be suprising to say the least - considering if anybody did that they wouldn't be checking what Browsers people are using.