Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #91
In Runtime

Default Re: The fall of Microsoft?

People, LINUX will not beat Windows , Not everyone in the world is a nerd and knows how to type commands , and all that crap. Xp is an OS for dummies, lol my mom can hardly use xp she has to have help to be able to check her email! People like her dont need a Linux program with command codes and all that crap. Microsoft will never fall it is a huge company!

ComputerWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 01:37 PM   #92
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerWizard
People, LINUX will not beat Windows , Not everyone in the world is a nerd and knows how to type commands , and all that crap. Xp is an OS for dummies, lol my mom can hardly use xp she has to have help to be able to check her email! People like her dont need a Linux program with command codes and all that crap. Microsoft will never fall it is a huge company!
Linux is becoming like that... slowly. But as Linux becomes easier Windows becomes easier and safer; in fact Windows is growing in safety twice if not three times as fast as Linux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem
?!?! Count how many times you get ANY type of ERROR in windows. Then go to a properly installed linux machine and tell me how many errors you get on it. I can't believe you even went there with saying windows is more stable.
Hmmm... three times since I got Windows on this PC? Five in the two years I had my other PC. Less than forty in the 4 years I had my Windows 98 PC. Windows is actually more stable. But you get Professionals on Linux Machines making the tallies of errors - and Dummies, Home Users and as ComputerWizard said, Mothers making up the error tallies on Windows. If you tally up the Errors for Professional Full-Time Windows Users here, and those of Professional Linux Users here - you'll find Windows is probably less, if not the same.

Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #93
In Runtime

I dont see the world changing to Linux any time soon
ComputerWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:17 PM   #94
Guru

I don't see the World ever changing.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #95
In Runtime

Quote:
Longhorn is a whole new System, once WinFX is released soon afterwards; maybe on Beta at Longhorn release.
Windows Longhorn is based on the kernal of SP2, therefore is not entirly new
dreamweaverdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #96
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaverdude
Windows Longhorn is based on the kernal of SP2, therefore is not entirly new
Windows XP SP2 is based on the Kernal of Longhorn. Windows Longhorn Kernal was written, in the most part, a year before even I got the SP2 Beta. Obviously they will have learnt things while writing for SP2 - but its more of a downgrade to make it work with XP. And of course they'll keep updating the Kernal until the release.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #97
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Quote:
Here is the thing.. typing in a few letters in a linux terminal is WAY faster then doing system operations in Windows. I really don't care if the world doesn't switch. That's their problem. I just get the better operating system, that's all.

Quote:
Linux is becoming like that... slowly. But as Linux becomes easier Windows becomes easier and safer; in fact Windows is growing in safety twice if not three times as fast as Linux.
Stop making up idiotic numbers kalthorn. It's the other way around.

Quote:
If you tally up the Errors for Professional Full-Time Windows Users here, and those of Professional Linux Users here - you'll find Windows is probably less, if not the same.
Nope.

Quote:
I don't see the World ever changing.
I'm sure it won't. It's just slightly ironic that: Germany, France, Switzerland, Norway, Brazil, China, and other asian and European countries are all ditching Windows Server systems for their goverments (mainly beacause of Anti-Trust), and all going over to Linux.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #98
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Here is the thing.. typing in a few letters in a linux terminal is WAY faster then doing system operations in Windows. I really don't care if the world doesn't switch. That's their problem. I just get the better operating system, that's all.

Stop making up idiotic numbers kalthorn. It's the other way around.

Nope.

I'm sure it won't. It's just slightly ironic that: Germany, France, Switzerland, Norway, Brazil, China, and other asian and European countries are all ditching Windows Server systems for their goverments (mainly beacause of Anti-Trust), and all going over to Linux.
Its not a very pleasant way to go about doing something.

Haha, it is really. When you consider the Security of Windows a few months ago, a year ago, the growth is whole lot better than Linux.

Lol; don't then

Yeah, lol, but Governments while High Profile aren't really large customers. Even then; its only the Servers - and Servers from Microsoft are growing in Double Figures.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #99
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Quote:
Haha, it is really. When you consider the Security of Windows a few months ago, a year ago, the growth is whole lot better than Linux.
No. Please accualy USE Linux and learn how it works before you go talking random false facts.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #100
Guru

Lol; I don't need to use Linux to work out the Security. It couldn't be better than Windows; because when I use Windows and anybody I know uses Windows nothing goes wrong - and you can't beat nothing