Is this fair?

Ok, my dad buys a brand new 2007 Mazda 6 in October of last year. It has a ton of problems, but he pays for nothing and its fixed. So today, just for kicks, he goes and checks the price on it. He paid $24000 + $4000 of interest. Guess how much they offer him for it? $16000! It only has 4500. After this last problem everything is perfect. But $16000 for a car that's in almost perfect condition! It's ridiculous.

Thats how it goes.

Take an un-opened copy of I am Legend into EB, and they are still only gonna give you like, 3$.

Nothing in this world is fair. I have been on this Earth 14 years and understand that poeple in this world will do anything for a dollar.

Ok, my dad buys a brand new 2007 Mazda 6 in October of last year. It has a ton of problems, but he pays for nothing and its fixed. So today, just for kicks, he goes and checks the price on it. He paid $24000 + $4000 of interest. Guess how much they offer him for it? $16000! It only has 4500. After this last problem everything is perfect. But $16000 for a car that's in almost perfect condition! It's ridiculous.

They have a REAL quick depreciation value, yes it's fair, and you get the same thing on almost any product. It's just like a computer, decreases 25% in value as soon as it's not new.

Dude it just makes me mad. They should at least pay a little more or give a discount or something. We pretty much got ripped out of $8000 if we try to sell it. It was just for kicks but still.

Luckily, the car is great. We all love it. It runs very smooth, it just had a couple problems but it seems like they're all fixed. I can't wait until I get my car in the summer.

edit: Now here's another question. Do you think it's fair that the same car bought in January of the same year should have the same price? I think that's what ticked him the most.

AS soon as you drive off the lot the value goes way don because its used, it doesn't matter if its in perfect condition or not. I'd say thats fair thats how it's been forever and thats how it is for any car you'll ever buy.

I feel like I should have named the thread something different lol...I guess. But I'm still amazed. Maybe because I'm finally smart (not ignorant) to the real world. Before I didn't really care about stuff like this. I guess it's just a first time shock to the huge depreciation value.

AS soon as you drive off the lot the value goes way don because its used, it doesn't matter if its in perfect condition or not. I'd say thats fair thats how it's been forever and thats how it is for any car you'll ever buy.

As soon as the car leaves the lot the value goes down. No as soon as you buy it.

ya the second you drive that car off the lot it turns into a used car, doesnt matter how many miles be it 1 or 20, its now used... i believe that drops like 1/3 off the price, something like that, anyway its a big chunk after just driving it off the lot

Because they can... it sucks.

Make sure you really want a car before you take it.

Back
Top Bottom