Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Facebook Pages.

The 'admins' of these pointless creations believe that because a lot of people like the stupid crap they put up, it somehow qualifies them to speak out on issues of which they have little to no social, consequential or historical understanding of what-so-ever. Things like anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-Zionist and anti-Semitic; pro-life, world politics and the like. Is it just me who gets annoyed by all the stupid $h1t that people end up putting on facebook?

inb4 don't feed the trolls

Old 10-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Omnicide now.

Default Re: Facebook Pages.

Erm, not really. Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion doesn't mean they can't share it. If you don't like the group, don't join it. Simple as that.

The only exception is if they are actively infringing on the rights of others, in which case, it's not okay. But just having a facebook page regarding a certain subject doesn't typically qualify, at least not for anything like you mentioned.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I mean, its pages with names like "What are you smiling at? Nothing, i just love you." posting material that sparks an anti-gay argument. If it was a page about the Klan talking about the Klan then whatever, let them be stupid in peace, but it's just random pages with names completely irrelevant to what they're talking about lol
Old 10-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
I mean, its pages with names like "What are you smiling at? Nothing, i just love you." posting material that sparks an anti-gay argument. If it was a page about the Klan talking about the Klan then whatever, let them be stupid in peace, but it's just random pages with names completely irrelevant to what they're talking about lol
Again, I don't really see a problem with that. Yes, they're annoying, but they really are not doing any harm.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
muz
Golden Master

personally its really as simple as growing up a bit and realizing if you dont like what they're putting out remove the group or feed or whatever so you dont have to read it . Its just like I know i dont like the standard of journalism in some newspapers (not naming names ) so i dont buy that newspaper . Or i dont like the kind of crap that happens on reality TV shows so i dont watch them . Personally i dont think you have any right to complain about someone else s view if you voluntarily expose yourself to them .

my views on freedom of speech are very much embodied in this quote
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. "
Old 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
BSOD

I found a page with a cool and smart admin. FINALLY!!
clacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Facebook? Just don't do it and you'll be ok

I will admit, though, Facebook does inform you of a lot if you don't chat on the phone every day to your brothers / "friends"
Captain Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pooka View Post
Facebook? Just don't do it and you'll be ok

I will admit, though, Facebook does inform you of a lot if you don't chat on the phone every day to your brothers / "friends"
I don't really like facebook but I still go on it every day.

clacker is offline   Reply With Quote