Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Facebook Home

So Facebook has already released it's new "Home" for android, If you want to get it go here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....facebook.home. Facebook has today already released "Home" for iOS and I haven't had a real good play around with it yet That Was Quick: Facebook for iOS Is Already Looking More Like Facebook Home | TIME.com and https://www.google.com.au/#q=faceboo...w=1366&bih=643.
__________________

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
strollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: Facebook Home

I have no idea why anyone would even be remotely interested in turning their phone into a Facebook appliance. No thank you. My world does not revolve around Facebook.
__________________

strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
jmacavali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,867
Default

Your world may not but there a ton of people who's do. I can't believe so many people on here flip out at the slightest suggestion of doing anything different than what they do now. I would expect many more people here to be much more open minded about new and upcoming technology. We have so many anti-fan boys that it drives me nuts!

Edit: that wasn't directed at anyone in particular....didn't mean for it to come off that way if it did.
__________________
****************************************
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
****************************************
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: Facebook Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Your world may not but there a ton of people who's do. I can't believe so many people on here flip out at the slightest suggestion of doing anything different than what they do now. I would expect many more people here to be much more open minded about new and upcoming technology. We have so many anti-fan boys that it drives me nuts!

Edit: that wasn't directed at anyone in particular....didn't mean for it to come off that way if it did.
I strongly agree, It's seem's that when I post things like this everyone turns them into a debate when, For example when I post something about iPhone related people turn it into android vs iPhone debate which I really hate.

On a more positive note, If people would like to know whats new then here it is, What's New in Version 6.0
Brand new ways to chat and a cleaner look for News Feed.

New for iPhone
• Keep chatting from anywhere in the app with chat heads (available to everyone soon)
• Send stickers to liven up your messages (available to everyone soon)
• Explore new feeds like Music, Photos and Games

New for iPad
• Keep chatting from anywhere in the app with chat heads (available to everyone soon)
• Browse brighter, more beautiful stories.

More info see here https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/face...284882215?mt=8
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Fully Optimized
 
OhSnapWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,853
Default Re: Facebook Home

If it stays true to Facebook, then the app will track what stores you go into and sell your personal information to those companies.
__________________
FX-8350 @ 4.7 cooled by H80, 32GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133, Asus Sabertooth 990FX, 2x Radeon HD 7850 2GB in X-fire, 500GB Samsung 850 Evo, 4TB Seagate, 3TB WD Black, 2x 1TB WD RED in RAID 0
OhSnapWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnapWord View Post
If it stays true to Facebook, then the app will track what stores you go into and sell your personal information to those companies.
I can't believe they are allow to do all this stuff with our own information, I suppose its our fault because we are the ones supplying the info and didn't what was going to be done with it in the first place.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: Facebook Home

well i will definitely check it out.... just to try it out.
i am not a huge facebook person, but i am interested to see how it works.
BikerEcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 25
Default Re: Facebook Home

OhSnapWorld I dont think facebook would do that because you know what Facebook is #2 business in internet, they would not do such cheap stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSnapWord View Post
If it stays true to Facebook, then the app will track what stores you go into and sell your personal information to those companies.
Jack-AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Facebook Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
I can't believe they are allow to do all this stuff with our own information, I suppose its our fault because we are the ones supplying the info and didn't what was going to be done with it in the first place.
They are allowed to do it because you say they can. It's all in the terms and conditions that no one ever really reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-AH View Post
OhSnapWorld I dont think facebook would do that because you know what Facebook is #2 business in internet, they would not do such cheap stuff.
Facebook does it, Google does it, Yahoo does it, it's how they make money. How do you think the adds you get in Facebook are so well targeted for you? I browse HDDs on newegg and suddenly Facebook is showing me newegg adds for hard drives. It's all sold, and all shared. No company is above it.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
jmacavali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,867
Default Re: Facebook Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Facebook does it, Google does it, Yahoo does it, it's how they make money. How do you think the adds you get in Facebook are so well targeted for you? I browse HDDs on newegg and suddenly Facebook is showing me newegg adds for hard drives. It's all sold, and all shared. No company is above it.
Correct, and yet the number one reason people won't install it is because "Facebook shares all their info" but they will turn around and use Google's App store or even Chrome/Gmail and not expect that the same thing is happening.
__________________

__________________
****************************************
Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
****************************************
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0