Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Facebook

I don't care enough to send them an email, but thought it was weird my account was set back up three years after not even going to their website...

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

You can close the account but they will send you emails asking you to come back. Thats strange. Change your password on your email...

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

Don't know if they have yet but tech news the other day was that they're going to make it possible for you to delete your profile, so people have better control over there privacy

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfish View Post
You can close the account but they will send you emails asking you to come back. Thats strange. Change your password on your email...
Umm what would changing your email password accomplish? Think about it for a second...
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

My password for my email is different than other things

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 09-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
My password for my email is different than other things
So is mine but think about it.

You register with facebook using dummy@dummy.com.

You decide to stop using facebook.

You get emails asking you to come back to facebook with your registered email dummy@dummy.com

You change your dummy@dummy.com password in a pointless attempt to stop the emails.

Facebook doesn't care what your dummy@dummy.com password is, its still going to get sent to dummy@dummy.com
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

They never sent emails asking me to come back, only once telling me that my facebook was reactivated. Then after that my friend requests and what not. It started 2 days ago after 3 years on not being used.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ View Post
Umm what would changing your email password accomplish? Think about it for a second...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ߧ∩†H♠HŽ€ View Post
So is mine but think about it.

You register with facebook using dummy@dummy.com.

You decide to stop using facebook.

You get emails asking you to come back to facebook with your registered email dummy@dummy.com

You change your dummy@dummy.com password in a pointless attempt to stop the emails.

Facebook doesn't care what your dummy@dummy.com password is, its still going to get sent to dummy@dummy.com
Seriously? You seriously just typed that up.. Wow.
You don't really get this whole "phish" email get facebook account do you...
Or phish facebook. You have no idea in any way shape or form know what we are talking about do you..

The point of changing the email password is not to stop any email being sent to that email.. Only a complete moron would think that would work..
The point is that if the email account was hacked then, used to hack the facebook. It would stop the hacker from getting back in to the email account(unless of course he is using other methods to get in, in the first place) thus stopping the facebook hacking.

I can't believe I just had to describe that.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

LoL this has nothing to do with a hacked email only a weird email that my facebook had been reactivated and when I went to facebooks website without the link in the email to make sure it wasn't trying to get my passwords it had been reactivated. There is no phising just something fishy happening.