F250 or 2500

Couldn't tell ya dude. I will say that while towing, A/C on and during the summer (Dune trip with a fully enclosed trailer carrying two Polaris RZR's) the truck got 9-10 MPG on the way to Waynoka OK from Topeka KS.

It's not horrible on gas, but it's not a daily driver in that respect. While not towing you can expect roughly 11-12 average.

11-12mpg, that's terrible... It has a LOT less torque than the powerstroke, same power, and worse mileage... I really don't see any advantages...

The Cummins should get around 16-18mpg I think. It's easily the best diesel out there for trucks. The cummins are DESIGNED to run for 1,000,000 miles. They are overbuilt, yes, but they won't give you trouble.

Just avoid the 6.0L powerstroke at all costs.

If you can, get one with the new 6.7L powerstroke... damn good motor.

The 5.4L is a GREAT engine. Don't get it if you plan on doing any towing, its really a 1/2 ton truck engine.
This is true. It is a powerhouse, but when it comes to towing, diesel is the way to go.

It is a great engine, but the thing is, you still can't compare it too diesel. A diesel engine can outlast a gas engine x10.
Gas is corrosive to metal. Diesel is a lubricant. That's why if you see a diesel with 250,000 miles on it, it's not a whole lot for the engine. The rest of the truck may not keep up as well, but the engine sure will. Like I said, at cummins, they make those engines so they can run for over a million miles.

Yea, too bad dodge uses the cummins...... the engine lasts 1000K but the truck is lucky to last 100K.

Cummins + allison tranny = awesome truck drive train.

do you saying Dodges are better?
iv never heard to much in the sake for dodges being better then Fords.

I dont know if id use it for towing, but for what its worth, id like to be prepared, down the road i may get a really nice bass boat to( you know, the one with the glitter finishs lol), and um sure a desiel could tow that with ease, and also it would be used for maybe towing other vehicals out of snow an such as well. and ofcourse moving me out of my bumb apartment, lmfao

do you saying Dodges are better?
iv never heard to much in the sake for dodges being better then Fords.

I dont know if id use it for towing, but for what its worth, id like to be prepared, down the road i may get a really nice bass boat to( you know, the one with the glitter finishs lol), and um sure a desiel could tow that with ease, and also it would be used for maybe towing other vehicals out of snow an such as well. and ofcourse moving me out of my bumb apartment, lmfao
My Ranger could tow a 16' boat. If you ever think you will be towing a 30' gooseneck trailer, then get a diesel. Otherwise, stick with an F-150 with a 5.4L. That's enough to tow a 22' boat or something, and that's a pretty big boat.

Dodge trucks, I'm not so sure how good they are really.

Back
Top Bottom