F me...

Yea, but AWD isn't really needed. A good bit of skill with a RWD (with weight in the back possibly) or even FWD with any old driver will do just fine for 95% of the weather you will see. For the other 5%? You shouldn't drive unles you are a pro driver.

Hyundai has some really cheap cars....

Driving in the snow is always a fun experience in my truck. It's 3300 pounds, but because its a truck and RWD... Oh, baby!

I'm going to place orders for tire chains within the next few weeks before winter gets here. I have a baaaaad feeling about this winter. I'm already stocking up on canned foods and have started placing plastic around the windows in my house.

I hope your car situation gets worked out, sniper. :D

ha, nice FSB, and thanks :)

but you see Chicken,

at my moms house, they get 6+Ft of snow a winter, and thats Normal,

my dad gets about 4-5ft. and they dont salt the roads, they just put down anti-skid, and all winter long u drive on ice and snow packed roads and sometimes theres blizzards that put down 4in+ and hour, for days on end.

let alone those back roads...lol

Sometimes it gets ridiculous, and if my job requires it, i need a good car for the snow. and plus i LOVE a challenge, its almost like an adventure.

New vehicle. Those V6 mustangs aren't worth much these days.. putting $3,800 into one just wouldn't be worth it IMO. Sure the engine would have a 100k mile warranty, but what's next?

It's ok, getting rid of a V6 Mustang is a good thing. It's not giving up a sports car, you will portray a much better image in a regular car then a V6 Mustang, haha.

You could replace heads on a curbside parking stall in a day probably. Replacing a piston would get much more complicated. More so then swapping in a running junkyard engine.

yea.. definitely.

time to search for a decent used vehicle. get a Jeep, can't go wrong there! They're tough bastards and are pretty cheap..

ha, nice FSB, and thanks :)

but you see Chicken,

at my moms house, they get 6+Ft of snow a winter, and thats Normal,

my dad gets about 4-5ft. and they dont salt the roads, they just put down anti-skid, and all winter long u drive on ice and snow packed roads and sometimes theres blizzards that put down 4in+ and hour, for days on end.

let alone those back roads...lol

Sometimes it gets ridiculous, and if my job requires it, i need a good car for the snow. and plus i LOVE a challenge, its almost like an adventure.

The thing is, if 2 wheels are having a hard time getting me going, how can I expect 4 to bring me to a fast stop? That's just me though. And I've had my truck drive through (not over, through) 2 feet of snow.... in 2WD. I only needed to shift into 4Low to push through a snow bank.

exactly as the title says.

ford dealer called me today about my car,

it needs a new engine for about 3,800$
with the new engine, i would have a 100,000mile warranty

Or a #2 Pistol/Head over hall for about 3,500$ after parts, labor, ect...
with the over hall, id over have 12,000 mile warranty on the new parts.

I mise well just go get a new car, fml.

And you think you day sucks?

I had a $17k 2007 Subaru outback, its now totalled and i only got 3.5k back from the bank. Now i have to drive a 2000 outback with 100k+ miles

soooooooooo....... yea.........

They gave you 3.5k for the car??! Or did you owe money on the other one, and that's where the rest of the money went?

We get 20ft of snow a year up here. I've seen my fair share of 2wd trucks, slammed trucks, fwd and rwd cars, and lots of 4x4 and awd. There are all types of cars everywhere.

Tech, then you did something wrong there dude. You should insure a vehicle for what it's worth that way you get it all back in the unfortunate event it's totaled..

Back
Top Bottom