F me...

sniperviper21

Golden Master
exactly as the title says.

ford dealer called me today about my car,

it needs a new engine for about 3,800$
with the new engine, i would have a 100,000mile warranty

Or a #2 Pistol/Head over hall for about 3,500$ after parts, labor, ect...
with the over hall, id over have 12,000 mile warranty on the new parts.

I mise well just go get a new car, fml.

And you think you day sucks?

Hi,

Don't jump to conclusions so fast. What type of ford is it, and what engine does it have? Did the repairman tell you want was wrong with it or did he just give you those two options?

i know what is wrong with it.

It has damage to the piston head in the #2 cyl and everything attached to it basicly.

V6 3.8L Mustang, 2000

I need a new car anyways. Just was hoping to trade it in on a newer car as a down payment type of trade, plus cash.

Go to the junkyard, get a set of heads off another 3.8L(millions out there) take it to the machine shop, have it milled, gone through and cleaned... Might need to replace the #2 piston... New gaskets, when all is said and done, a couple days work, and about $200-300. Not sure what kind of tools you have, or your friends, but its quite possible. Otherwise, you could buy a used 3.8L pretty cheap, or maybe even a 4.0L, and drop it in.

thats what i was thinking to Super,

but the thing is i work 2 jobs and have class, and i have road side parking with little to no tools to do any kind of work.

And its at a Ford Dealer right now, its my dads decision though...
hes the one that would hafto pay for any type of repairs we decide on.

Sucks i gotta have him pay for this kind of stuff.

For that price it would be very wise to look at a new vehicle. Like SM said, If you have the time, knowledge and tools, It's a walk in the park and quite cheap, However Damn near 4 grand.....Go to the dealer if your dads willing and finance a new car...Lot better gas mileage, Be under warranty, Then go from there.

A vehicles a vehicle, Gets you to point A to point B, And if your willing to give up the vintage, sporty cars in a sense, Cal Worthingtons giving new Ford Rangers away for close to 6 Grand, among many other cars, etc.

Good Luck to ya.

I wouldn't reccomend buying a ranger unless you shell out the extra cash for 4x4. RWD in the winter, especially in a pickup, is a PAIN to drive.

Was merely an example of how cheap vehicles are these days. "Obviously" if your out East, Hell even Alaska, Canada, you would need 4 Wheel drive.

ya, my cars got 130k miles on it anyways.

but thanks for the advise guys :)

I doubt i can get it, but at the moment i am looking at an 04 WRX, and a 07 STI, both got that amazing Subaru AWD, and they run really reliable iv heard.

Just since i dont have a full time job yet, i dont know what i can get.

But if i had the money id atleast get it taken back home to my dads house an put in the garage and put a little bit in it at a time, and make it a really nice 302 boss mustang, the body and everything is still in show room quality, just the engine is crap.

-sigh-

but now days since i am on my own, id take an all weather car over a mustang, esp if its a reliable one. Kinda hard to go back home in the winter in a mustang, when ya live in the snow belt by Lake Erie, lol

but if i got a good STI or WRX, it would be a walk in the park ya know?

Back
Top Bottom